Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: stoker 224 vs schiada 21 rt

stoker2001
    The 20ft Schiada Tunnel will not be as fast as a like equiped Stoker. I have a 20ft Schiada Tunnel rigged and built by Steve Buckeluwe and as far as I know it was the fastest 20ft tunnel outboard Schiada made @97mph with a carbureted 2.4 Bridgeport, 12" set back, lite lay-up ect. Stokers will usually be a couple or more miles per hour faster but won't ride as smooth as the Schiada.Just curious,what prop pitch and RPM and what was wieght of boat,does it have full interior?was 97 on GPS?That is haulin for a carby 2.4.I would think they would be way more popular with that kinda performance.

HavasuBarney
    Quote:
    The 20ft Schiada Tunnel will not be as fast as a like equiped Stoker. I have a 20ft Schiada Tunnel rigged and built by Steve Buckeluwe and as far as I know it was the fastest 20ft tunnel outboard Schiada made @97mph with a carbureted 2.4 Bridgeport, 12" set back, lite lay-up ect. Stokers will usually be a couple or more miles per hour faster but won't ride as smooth as the Schiada.
    I didn't mean to imply that Stokers didn't ride well, they do, just my experience is that the 20ft Schiada RT rides a bit softer than the 20ft SST.
    No chance the Stoker will be faster. No chance there is a Stoker running 97 with a 2.4 especially if it was set up by Stoker.
    Has there ever been a 100mph Stoker?
    I've seen the boat in the ad above and it is a VERY sweet ride.
    I would guess the boats are similar quality but the Schiada has a true elite pedigree and it shows. Stoker owners just aint too bright but damn they sure are committed to Stokers. Wonder what they have been drinking?

Tom Brown
    I thought Jackpunx' Stoker was getting 160 mph with a Ficht, or something. :idea:

Kim Hanson
    Stacie and I will be racing in SD next week,so come down and get one :rollside: http://www.thunderboats.net/main.htm
    Thats just alittle too far to drive for me.......good luck racing though...( . )( . )..........

BADBLOWN572
    No chance the Stoker will be faster. No chance there is a Stoker running 97 with a 2.4 especially if it was set up by Stoker.
    I would guess the boats are similar quality but the Schiada has a true elite pedigree and it shows. Stoker owners just aint too bright but damn they sure are committed to Stokers. Wonder what they have been drinking?

1) I have a 20' SST to start off with. The 20'er that we ran in the Parker 300 we had at 92mph with a BONE STOCK 2.5 EFI. That was full of fuel. If you have a worked motor, light layup, and no weight in the boat, I could see 100 pretty easily. The boat was the standard layup that a 20' Stoker has.
    2) Honestly I think that Al is one of the best (if not the best) at setting up a boat in general. DEFINITELY the expert on his boats. Hands down, when I build my next one (YEP, cant get enough), I will definitely listen to him 100% on the setup. He has the setup DIALED IN and knows his stuff.
    3) I have driven a 224 Stoker well over 100mph on multiple occasions. With a stock Mercury 500h.p. I/O they will run right over 100 in the right conditions. In every day conditions they run over 95mph. Also, if memory serves, Al's old race boats ran in excess of 115mph at the 9 hour Enduro in Parker.
    4) If being part of the Stoker club makes me not too bright, guess I am not very smart. Are they the fastest... Nope. The one thing that they are is the best all around boat for its size and purpose.
    Barney, you are entitled to your opinion and I am to mine. I do not agree with yours and I am not trying to turn this into a pissing contest. I would love it if you would show me what evidence you have to support your opinions. I have plenty of information to document my positions.
    In our group we have 6 Stokers that are out in Parker very freequently. There are very few boats that can run with us and one of ours will spank ANY pleasure boat on the river ANY weekend. Hands down, the big dog of Parker is a Stoker. If you would like to go for a run in some SERIOUS Stokers, come on down for the weekend of the 30th. I would be happy to get you a ride in a couple that would change your opinion. All of which have been setup personally by Al Stoker.

bordsmnj
    stokers do not go 100.
    with my new stock gm 502/500 mine won't even do 80
    they are for fishing and for skiing.
    but while being homely, they do handle like no other.
    on the other hand people who feel they have to bash a stoker probably can't even spell gps let alone know what fast is. their opinion is moot.discuss amongst your selves -jas.
    Badblown let me know(call me tomorrow) if i should bring some tools home from work for wed or thurs eve if that works for yuh-jas

riverbound

Are you still butt hurt that Al punked you in the Bravo prop thread???
    btw... You are 100% right Barney. stokers are slow and set up wrong....thats why I use mine exclusively for fishing and skiing.
    <---- hoping my ins. agent is reading this

Tom Brown
    Hey BADBLOWN572,
    I don't have a horse in this race, hell... I run a Glastron, but Barney said:
    No chance there is a Stoker running 97 with a 2.4 especially if it was set up by Stoker.
    Then you said:
    1) I have a 20' SST to start off with. The 20'er that we ran in the Parker 300 we had at 92mph with a BONE STOCK 2.5 EFI. That was full of fuel. If you have a worked motor, light layup, and no weight in the boat, I could see 100 pretty easily.
    ... so Barney commented on a Stoker/2.4l and you tried to refute that with some off the cuff extrapolation on what a modified 2.5 might do. That's a whole different argument, given that a 2.5 EFI is often cited as being good for 6~10 mph over a bridgeport.
    I'll mention that there are claims (seem to be verified) that modified 2.5l engines on STVs and Mirages are getting 140 mph. I don't know what percentage of those boats were set up by Al. Also, they're probably all on juice.

DCBDaytona
    TrailerPark_TJ's old Stoker, a 96 20.1 with a 2.5 260 hauled a$$. In 05 it was radared at 97.1mph.

HavasuBarney
    1) I have a 20' SST to start off with. The 20'er that we ran in the Parker 300 we had at 92mph with a BONE STOCK 2.5 EFI. That was full of fuel. If you have a worked motor, light layup, and no weight in the boat, I could see 100 pretty easily. The boat was the standard layup that a 20' Stoker has.
    2) Honestly I think that Al is one of the best (if not the best) at setting up a boat in general. DEFINITELY the expert on his boats. Hands down, when I build my next one (YEP, cant get enough), I will definitely listen to him 100% on the setup. He has the setup DIALED IN and knows his stuff.
    3) I have driven a 224 Stoker well over 100mph on multiple occasions. With a stock Mercury 500h.p. I/O they will run right over 100 in the right conditions. In every day conditions they run over 95mph. Also, if memory serves, Al's old race boats ran in excess of 115mph at the 9 hour Enduro in Parker.
    4) If being part of the Stoker club makes me not too bright, guess I am not very smart. Are they the fastest... Nope. The one thing that they are is the best all around boat for its size and purpose.
    Barney, you are entitled to your opinion and I am to mine. I do not agree with yours and I am not trying to turn this into a pissing contest. I would love it if you would show me what evidence you have to support your opinions. I have plenty of information to document my positions.
    In our group we have 6 Stokers that are out in Parker very freequently. There are very few boats that can run with us and one of ours will spank ANY pleasure boat on the river ANY weekend. Hands down, the big dog of Parker is a Stoker. If you would like to go for a run in some SERIOUS Stokers, come on down for the weekend of the 30th. I would be happy to get you a ride in a couple that would change your opinion. All of which have been setup personally by Al Stoker.
    I do not think I can pay Stokers a bigger compliment than saying they are of similar quaility to a Schiada.
    I have friends that own Stokers and have set them up to run very well.
    IMO, Al likes to set them up on the conservative side. Considering he has has some know-it-all-idiots like riverbound running his boats, I can't say I blame him.
    Riverbound, the general rule of thumb is that if you have your motor bolted directly to your transom... you don't know shit so sit down and shut up please. :rollside: You have no worthwhile input here.
    BADBLOWN, I agree that Stokers are a great all around boat. For their size they handle excellent in most conditions. For the money they might even be the best value in the fish/ski catagory. Nothing bad to say about Stokers. I actually like the boats. The loyalty of the owners is just something I like to tease. Boating in Parker qualifies you for the not too bright award.
    Big Dog of Parker, is that an oxymoron?
    My other point was that after being in both the Schiada tunnel and a 20ft Stoker, the Schiada was faster.

Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast