Thread: Suburban Question

Ultra21
    I know this isn't boat related but I figure that majorirty of suburban owners in America are on the ***boat.net forum. My wife called me this morning at work & told me that the 99 sub just died on her. She heard a few clicks under the dash and every shut off. No crank, no power. Just wondering if anyone has had this wonderful experience with their Suburbans. Looks like I'll be busy tonight. Oh yeah, it's a 99 K2500 with 454. Thanks for any help!

Party Cat
    I don't know if it applies to the 454's but our 97 350 4x4 Suburban had a problem of no power similar to what you are describing. I found out that alot of Suburban's have a battery cable problem. If we shook the positive battery cable, it worked. I eventually replaced it and it's been fine for about 2 years now.

kevnmcd
    Same problem with my '96.

Jet Junk
    Like Party Cat was saying, check the cables and also check the spacer that goes between the two battery cable halves that hook up to the positive side, the tend to corrode really badly.

Ultra21
    You guys were right on the money!! The problem, first of all, was that it happened intermittenly which made it tuff to figure out. Once the power was off and stayed off, I shook the power lead from the battery to the power ditribution box by the radiator and the lights came on eek! .
    Took it all apart and there was all kinds of gook in there. Thanks for all the suggestions! Saved me an awful lot of time away from the boat. Now I can be that happy tower once again.