Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Which Anchor?

Itsahobby
    Hi All,
    I need an anchor for my 21' RaysonCraft.
    Any suggestions on which one? I had a
    Danforth(SP) for my Spectra but was wondering
    if there is something better.
    I mostly boat on lakes but do wonder the delta.
    Thanks for your input.
    ItsaHobby

DogHouse
    I think you'll get a lot of votes for the box anchor. It almost always sets on the first throw, doesn't need chain, folds up for easy storage. It's all good except a little pricey at about 120 bucks.
    -brian

superdave013
    I say use wsuwrhr's mopar engine. That otta hold ya! lol
    I've just got some old anchor from the ol' bait & tackle shop that works just fine.
    My buddy got one of those box anchors and loves it. He better for the coin it cost. But it did come in a nice storage bag and it folds up pretty flat when not in use. Also you don't need to use a chain for it to work correctly. That's a big + as who wants a flippin chain in their boat.
    So if you want to be big pimpin get a box anchor. They are pretty nice.

Itsahobby
    Looks like I'll be pimpin. I hated that chain.
    Thanks guys.
    Itsahobby
    superdave013:
    I say use wsuwrhr's mopar engine. That otta hold ya! lol
    I've just got some old anchor from the ol' bait & tackle shop that works just fine.
    My buddy got one of those box anchors and loves it. He better for the coin it cost. But it did come in a nice storage bag and it folds up pretty flat when not in use. Also you don't need to use a chain for it to work correctly. That's a big + as who wants a flippin chain in their boat.
    So if you want to be big pimpin get a box anchor. They are pretty nice.

Use a 35 lb. dumbell from Wal Mart. Put a bungie cord on the boat end of your anchor rope with a snap hook. Cost about 20 bucks for everything. If you want to get fancy, put a bungie cord in the middle of your tie off rope for the back. Been doing for 20 years and works great. The boat just sits there & rocks back & forth. Like having shocks on the water!! idea

superdave013
    Hud:
    Use a 35 lb. dumbell from Wal Mart. Put a bungie cord on the boat end of your anchor rope with a snap hook. Cost about 20 bucks for everything. If you want to get fancy, put a bungie cord in the middle of your tie off rope for the back. Been doing for 20 years and works great. The boat just sits there & rocks back & forth. Like having shocks on the water!! idea I can tell you don't boat at Parker.

No, never been there, but next year for Billy's deal in April. Whats the hot setup for Parker. idea

Here's my setup for the lake. I have used it on the Sacramento river before. We just leave the tail loose! Works fine [img]http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/119Anchor001-med.jpg[/img]

Hey HUUUUUUUUUUUUD,
    I still need to come pick up some Kung Fu sauce..... When are you guys hitting the lake again??

I_C_E_Y
    Bag of rocks will hold it nicely.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast