Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dish Network and Internet Service

89checkmate
    We are switching from cable to Dish Network. by doing this, we are losing our hi speed internet.
    What are my options for internet?
    Thanks

H20Advantage
    You should be able to keep the cable. Satellite interent sucked when I used it in Powell this summer.

voodoomedman
    We are switching from cable to Dish Network. by doing this, we are losing our hi speed internet.
    Thanks
    Isn't Gilbert Phoenix suburbs? I would think that you should have DSL available through your phone company.

Cheap Thrills
    Direct Way (http://www.direcway.bz/orderhughesnet.html)
    Better than cable except on cloudy days
    C.T. :wink:

MR HARLEY
    Keep the cable and just use the Dish Network for your T.V. I have the same set-up, cable for my internet and the HD box set-up to all my T.V.'s through Dish. I also use the cable company for our phone.

Richie Rich
    Thanks
    You should be able to go internet only from your local cable provider. I'm currently running Dish Network for TV and Comcast hi speed broadband for my internet. I'm paying right around $75 a month for TV and $60 a month for internet only. Not sure how the pricing schemes are where you are but Comcast offers package deals and discounts for multiple products (i.e. TV, internet VoIP phone) where I am. I'll be dumping Comcast at the end of this week in favor of Verizon FIOS which offers twice the bandwith and a static IP for right around $40 a month. I'd like to go FIOS for TV as well but I have a big investment in my Dish equipment. I'm also switching my phone from Vonage VoIP to Verizon VoIP for as part of a Verizon package deal.
    BTW, I think that Dish Network offers a DSL option for internet but I'm not sure how well it works and I don't know anybody using it.

89checkmate
    Keep the cable and just use the Dish Network for your T.V. I have the same set-up, cable for my internet and the HD box set-up to all my T.V.'s through Dish. I also use the cable company for our phone.
    Did you have to run another co axial line to separate the two systems?

Trailer Park Casanova
    Daughter used it when it first came out.
    She was sick with mono for a year and kept in touch with her schoolwork when we were on the road.
    Good for the day,, but compaired to dsl on fiber optic we're told not as good, slower in weather.

MR HARLEY
    Did you have to run another co axial line to separate the two systems?
    To tell you the truth I'm not to familiar with that :frown:
    Dish and the cable company did everything, I just let them know what I wanted.
    The only systems that run together for me are the phone and internet service, there is a little black box in my garage where they transfer everything into. Sorry I could'nt be of more help.

dmontzsta
    I dont even want to get started on Dish network. I just canned them.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast