Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Help! Buying New Boat

SnakeWrench
    Here goes all the slandering. You guys need to grow up. I work for Cobra and what you need to do is your homework. Look into the history of the company, awards they have recieved, new models and also look at what your budget is as well as what it is you want from a boat. Are you going to keep the boat for a long time, or trade up in a year or two. The reason I say this is the 21's are usually not good in the big lakes like Havasu or mead because of the rough water. Check into used boats like at Boaters outlet in Upland. Ted will give you HONEST opinions of the boats he has and has great conections with most builders in the area.
    Remember that selling a new boat after a year will cost you money. Consider going used because I have a feeling you will be trading it in for a bigger one in the near future.
    Later.

Chubby4Life
    .... 21's are usually not good in the big lakes like Havasu or mead because of the rough water. Check into used boats like at Boaters outlet in Upland. Ted will give you HONEST opinions of the boats he has and has great conections with most builders in the area.
    Remember that selling a new boat after a year will cost you money. Consider going used because I have a feeling you will be trading it in for a bigger one in the near future.
    Later.
    I agree 100%, Ted sold us our Ultra, No B.S. no unseen costs just "straight up" great to deal with. We're actually getting ready to call him about re-selling the Ultra since we went "bigger".

77charger
    there is a nice hallet in the spam section dont know if it is still there but a closed bow 21 with a 454 bravo1.
    PM up4river it is his boat(to see if he still has it)
    I thought about it before he bought it was just out of budget for me at the time and i found a 21 ft eliminator open bow with 350 mag alpha drive for 16k

77charger
    H The reason I say this is the 21's are usually not good in the big lakes like Havasu or mead because of the rough water. Check into used boats like at Boaters outlet in Upland. Ted will give you HONEST opinions of the boats he has and has great conections with most builders in the area.
    Later.I can disagree with this i have taken mine to havasu,mohave and powell.Sure i slow it down but i still make it across the lakes.Last trip to powell we did a 3 day trip on the water to escalante arm
    One reason i like the 21 is cause i like to waterski and stuff.Besides i also go on the lower river below parker and it can get shallow,some of the lakes i go to are smaller also.But that is just me and my boating habits big boat for me is just not as useful.For someone else might be the ticket

DRMCAT
    Our Commander [IMG]http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/3144boat2-med.jpg

SnakeWrench
    I can disagree with this i have taken mine to havasu,mohave and powell.Sure i slow it down but i still make it across the lakes.Last trip to powell we did a 3 day trip on the water to escalante arm
    One reason i like the 21 is cause i like to waterski and stuff.Besides i also go on the lower river below parker and it can get shallow,some of the lakes i go to are smaller also.But that is just me and my boating habits big boat for me is just not as useful.For someone else might be the ticket
    Let me rephrase this. Most people that buy a 21, have returned within a year to see how much it would be for a 23.

Ultrafied
    Let me rephrase this. Most people that buy a 21, have returned within a year to see how much it would be for a 23.
    I agree. in the case of 77Charger, it does make sense for the river part of his requirement.

I bought a used Commander a year ago. I love my boat. I've had it out in the ocean and on Havasu. Quality is there. Nothing has rattled loose on my boat. Just one for the Commander owners out there who feel the same about their boats.
    Same here, we love our Commander!!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345