Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Boat Accident

BALLSDEEP
    Did anyone see the boat that flipped across from The Palms on Sunday afternoon? My friends and I were leaving Steamboat Sunday afternoon around 3:30 and were the first ones to arrive. 5 people got ejected from the boat, no one was seriously injured. Not sure what size maybe a 32-36' V with twins. We rescued and rushed a lady to the shore where an ambulance was waiting she was complaining of chest pains and was having a hard time breathing. Anybody have any details what happened or how the lady is doing?

Mrs.Killer
    I head a little about it, 4 people were ejected. My friends were the one's who towed them in.

Kilrtoy
    Here it is being towed in they said it was a 38 top gun.....
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/36612.jpg

chub
    Did anyone see the boat that flipped across from The Palms on Sunday afternoon? My friends and I were leaving Steamboat Sunday afternoon around 3:30 and were the first ones to arrive. 5 people got ejected from the boat, no one was seriously injured. Not sure what size maybe a 32-36' V with twins. We rescued and rushed a lady to the shore where an ambulance was waiting she was complaining of chest pains and was having a hard time breathing. Anybody have any details what happened or how the lady is doing?
    Sorry I know nothing of the incident. Cheersright to you for doin what was right!

RiverDave
    Here it is being towed in they said it was a 38 top gun.....
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/36612.jpg
    Wow! I'm surprised they could flip a big boat like that up on Havi?
    RD

UncleLarry
    INJURY BOAT ACCIDENT – LAKE HAVASU CITY
    Mohave County Sheriff’s Waterways deputies responded to a single boat accident in the South Basin in the area of Havasu Palms on Lake Havasu Sunday (9/10) afternoon. Approximately 4:16 p.m., deputies responded to the scene of where all 5 occupants of a 36-foot Cigarette boat were ejected. Everyone was rescued by passerby’s. The operator changed the direction of the vessel and all occupants were ejected. Lisa Baker, 40, of Nevada, was transported by River Medical to Lake Havasu Regional Medical Center where she is currently listed in good condition. The other 4 occupants did not need medical attention. Investigations had determined alcohol not to be a factor. This accident remains under investigation.

Havasu_Dreamin
    RD
    Agreed.....

andy01
    RD
    Why? Size doesn't matter (as Im sure you know). A 38' twin step could spin and flip in a pond if the pond is big enough and the driver turns the boat hard enough.....
    Andy

Havasu47
    Why? Size doesn't matter (as Im sure you know). A 38' twin step could spin and flip in a pond if the pond is big enough and the driver turns the boat hard enough.....
    Andy
    Didn't hear anyone say it was a twin step? If it was you would really have to screw up to make it spin.... Like maybe a panic turn to avoid something???

andy01
    Didn't hear anyone say it was a twin step? If it was you would really have to screw up to make it spin.... Like maybe a panic turn to avoid something???
    Your wrong, it dosn't take much. If it was a new 38' then I figured it was a TS 38'. If it was a straight bottom then it can still roll over. The news paper says 36' Cigarette "type" that means it could be anything, it could even be a 36' Gladiator with a side by side setup. And those roll easier then a staggered Gladiator. Who knows. It's a v-bottom, they roll over as well as cats. People drive thier boats beyond thier limits every weekend, just some get through every weekend and some end up on the end of a rope. Maybe the person got cut off and had no choice. Never the less at least they all made it out alive, you can always get another boat.
    Andy

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast