Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Opinions Polaris Ranger XP vs Rhino 660

skisupreme
    Anyone have thoughts on the Polaris Ranger XP vs Rhino 660. Looking at both but want to get some opinions of people that own or have been in both.

Cat & Mice
    You should post this in Cats, Tunnels, & Rhino's!
    I like the Ranger becasue you can sit 3 wide and it is much more stable then the Rhino. That being said there are a ton of great aftermarket parts for the Rhino. Plus I think the Rhino looks way better.
    I have a famliy of 5 so I would buy the Ranger if I was buying one now.
    Just my .02
    Mike

socalmoney
    Although I don't own a Rhino "YET" this page on Yamaha talks about the difference between the Ranger and Rhino
    http://www.yamaha-motor.com/outdoor/...head2head.aspx
    Free DVD offer here
    http://www.yamaha-motor.com/outdoor/...e=outdoorsHome

Cole Trickle
    I have a Rhino and really like it.
    With that being said I had a chance to drive WMC's Ranger over the Labor Day weekend and liked alot of things about it.
    The Ranger feels alot better when you get on the gas and I would attribute that to the EFI. I also like how stable the Ranger feels due to how wide it is.
    It feels a little more trucky compared to the Rhino and I was imnpressed with how stout the cage was.Also as mentioned above the 3 person seating capacity was nice.
    I think the Rhino is faster on the top end.At least mine feels alot pepier than the Ranger after about 15 mph. I also like the way the Rhino handles and turns.I think the Rhino feels more like a sports car and the ranger feels like a work horse.
    If I was just buying something to cruise on my property or to load 3 people and cruise at the river the Ranger would be hard to beat.
    I put a harness bar and 5 points in my rhino and flipped the stock wheels around so it feels much sturdier than stock and I would much rather drive my Rhino hard through the dunes than a Ranger.
    Rhino looks way better

Trailer Park Casanova
    Polaris has a long track record of when they dis-continue a model, they dis-continue parts availability too.
    Their dealers come and go as well.
    About 6 years ago they had no dealers in Calif because the dealers all quit in dispute of Polaris factory support, a problem that still hasn't been resolved.
    It's a living paycheck to paycheck company.
    You can buy any part for any Yamaha ever made. Dealers galore, even a waiting list for more dealers.
    Just my 2 cents.

Nordic35Flame
    When you flipped your stock wheels did you have to turn the tires around also, aren't the directional? also did you do it front and rear?

Cole Trickle
    When you flipped your stock wheels did you have to turn the tires around also, aren't the directional? also did you do it front and rear?
    Front and rear. By flipping them and changing sides the tires go the right direction.
    You can only do this with the steelies.The SE wheels won't work.

Nordic35Flame
    Sweet, thanks I have the steel wheels i am going to flip them.

Cole Trickle
    Sweet, thanks I have the steel wheels i am going to flip them.
    No prob.
    The only thing you might consider if running hard through rocks is that the front brakes will be slightly exposed due to the rim swap. Not a big deal for me but when I run through creek beds or branches I go slower to not damage them.

RiverRatMike
    I just picked up a new 2006 Yamaha SE Rhino and I totally love it. I couldn't believe how smooth it drove over rocks and ruff terrain. Already have 100 miles on it, and I can even fit it into the bed of my f-250. I don't think you could do that with a Ranger. Get the Rhino and you won't be disappointed! Just my .02

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast