Thread: moter swap issues

PAINELES
    hi everyone Im still trying to get this thing in the water this season I found a 400 olds out of a 442 that I can get to replace my 455 olds, now will that work for me.
    its a 69 400 engine running an all to replace a 72 455 block in my boat of course
    the reason I need to replace the 455 is it wasnt winterized an the block cracked a couple of winters ago
    http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/painel.../ph//my_photos

hi everyone Im still trying to get this thing in the water this season I found a 400 olds out of a 442 that I can get to replace my 455 olds, now will that work for me.
    its a 69 400 engine running an all to replace a 72 455 block in my boat of course
    the reason I need to replace the 455 is it wasnt winterized an the block cracked a couple of winters ago
    http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/painel.../ph//my_photos
    IMO...u would be better off trying to find a 455 block & useing most of ur parts to build a new one...there are alot of people on these forums that run 455's...get in touch with some of them...i'm sure they can help u
    fastrat

PAINELES
    I got a good block I will be looking for a machine shop an I will pull what I can out of the old block.
    I was looking for a less paineles(hehehe) way to go

BrendellaJet
    do your homework before rebuilding that olds. Lots of cheap fixes to take care of now BEFORE its back together.

eek-a-RAT
    do your homework before rebuilding that olds. Lots of cheap fixes to take care of now BEFORE its back together.
    what he said:wink:where you located, so we can point you in the right direction? welcome to HB.
    a couple issue back of HB mag, it shows some steps to go by on your olds 455, stay tuned til mornin. you should get good responses/or issue of that mag.

southwind racer