Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NFL Tops 9/11 Specials Sunday

Riverless
    I guess a lot of people forgot...
    Link to article (http://www.zap2it.com/tv/ratings/zap...ings-headlines)
    NFL Tops 9/11 Specials Sunday
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...692jmadden.jpg
    NBC moved into the lead at 8 p.m. with the debut of "Sunday Night Football," which combined with the final segment of the pregame show for a 12.0/19. ABC's movie "The Path to 9/11" earned a 7.6/12 for the hour to take second. CBS got a 6.2/10 from "60 Minutes" and the documentary "9/11." FOX aired the season premieres of "The Simpsons," 6.9/11, and "American Dad," 5.3/8. "Charmed" brought up the rear for The WB.
    The NFL game between the Indianapolis Colts and New York Giants improved to 13.2/20 at 9 p.m. ABC's movie stayed in second with an 8.2/12, while "9/11" improved to 7.6/11 on CBS. FOX stayed in fourth with "Family Guy," 5.9/9, and "The War at Home," 4.6/7. The WB closed its night with a second "Charmed."
    At 10 p.m., "Sunday Night Football" delivered a 12.9/21 for NBC. "The Path to 9/11" drew a 7.9/13 for ABC, while the end of "9/11" and "Cold Case" averaged 5.6/9 for CBS.

I find it not all that surprising. Many people have gotten real complacent in the aftermath of 911.
    There will be another wake up call I'm afraid though. A rogue nuke or bio weapon set off in one of our cities could kill millions, not 3000. Our borders are essentially transparent. It doesn't take a genius to figure out the eventual results given the known agenda of terrorists.
    Yes I'm pissed. Our government can kill thousands of terrorists elsewhere but all it takes is a few here. Just leave the borders open Bush, its great for business and we wouldn't want to offend Mexico now would we? The richest country in the world can't control its own borders, but we can track every damn cow in the world down to the square foot and give billions away to foreign governments who for a large part waste or don't appreciate it.
    I guess its a good thing I'm not president. All the concrete block, rebar, and barb wire companies would be having record sales and foreigners would have a little different check in procedure to the US. Tom Brown wouldn't just drive on over with his M16 in the trunk.

Caribbean Jet
    My wife and I watched a documentary on 9/11 last night on CBS. There was a camera guy out doing some video work with a NYFD crew and shot video of the plane going over and hitting the tower. The story began there, they ended up being one of the first teams on the scene. This camera guy was in one of the buildings when of the first tower fell, along with the crew he was filming. It was a heart wrenching thing to watch. It was a 2 hour special with NO commericals and this guys live video showed shots from in side the towers. He was able to show what the firemen were going through along with people from the street. You firemen are just that MEN. Thank you for doing what you do.

Jbb
    I dunno......television here has been saturated with 911 specials for the last week....I dont think that many have forgotten,and I would hesitate to judge their patriotism if they didnt watch the specials all day.....People want to move on with their lives......I understand.....and I had relatives in the north tower as well....It's pretty doubtful that this country will ever forget what happened that day...I myself,am happy our country is exacting some measure of revenge for the innocents who lost their lives....but it's coming at a terrible cost as well......there are no easy answers......and the problem we face with terrorism will not go away anytime soon....

Riverless
    I agree JBB, the airwaves have been saturated with 9-11 specials. I also understand people wanting to move on with their lives, especially people that lost loved ones that day. I guess it was the irony that got to me, that in the United States of America, the NFL (which I am a fan of), would gather more attention than 9-11 anniversary specials.

Riverless
    Tom Brown wouldn't just drive on over with his M16 in the trunk.

QuickJet
    I didn't do the math, but if you ad up all the 9/11 shows don't they surpass the amount of viewers watching NFL. Sure they might not have been watching the "same" show about 9/11 but they were watching a 9/11 show none the less.

imbndvs
    I have seen 5 years worth of specials on 9/11. Do you expect people to stop their lives and watch the same specials every year? I WON"T forget 9/11 but I chose to watch brother vs. brother on Sunday night football. That is a game you won't see every year after year.

Riverless
    I watched The Path to 9/11 on ABC. It was a "new" miniseries based on the 9/11 Commission Report and other sources. Very educational, helped me understand the events that led up to 9/11. Some of the events I had already heard of, others I had not. Excellent show IMO. It also had a lot of controversy leading up to its airing, because of the controversy, I thought more peeps would have watched it.

bear down
    My wife and I watched a documentary on 9/11 last night on CBS. There was a camera guy out doing some video work with a NYFD crew and shot video of the plane going over and hitting the tower. The story began there, they ended up being one of the first teams on the scene. This camera guy was in one of the buildings when of the first tower fell, along with the crew he was filming. It was a heart wrenching thing to watch. It was a 2 hour special with NO commericals and this guys live video showed shots from in side the towers. He was able to show what the firemen were going through along with people from the street. You firemen are just that MEN. Thank you for doing what you do.
    This was the best documentary made on 9/11. Those two brothers did a great job, sad to see the father be the first official death in the attacks. Sad to see the towers the night before and the footage the day after. Sad to say the least

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast