Thread: what all do I need to do to winterize

Wyomingoutlaw
    just wondering what all I need to do to put her up for the winter. I found some drain cocks on both exhaust manifolds, but do I need to get some antifreeze in the engine? and anouther post said to just spray the jet with wd40. anything else I need to do? it gets mighty cold up here in the winter. thanks guys!

77Woodbridge
    I get a can of engine fogger, 2 gallons rv antifreeze, and 4 bottles of fuel stabilizer (smaller tanks/gas volume use less). Run the motor on the trailer (pump in water) long enough to warm it up good. Your last step is to change the oil. Pour the fuel stabilizer into your tanks, the drive home from the ramp will mix it up(some say not necessary - can't hurt though). Disconnect the coil wire and turn over motor enough to get the stabilized fuel into the carb. Next, disconnect fuel line and empty the fogger into the carb while cranking the motor full throttle(this special oil coats cylinder walls for storage). Disconnect the water line going into the block at the block and pour in the rv antifreeve until it comes out the exhaust(may have to remove thermostat). Do the same at the connection going into the pump bowl. Finally change your oil. Just my .02

centerhill condor
    I physically blow air through the cooling passages in the logs. drain the block with the "cocks". all that stuff about the fuel and fog is right.