Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Houses/lots in havasu

HALLETT BOY
    Went looking at houses in Havasu this past weekend, found a house I liked a lot
    but it was "on your level prepared lot "...my question is : what are the benefits and/or downside of buying a lot and building a home versus a house already built on an existing lot ... do they work out the same price in the end ? are there any
    reasonable priced lots left ? are there any good lots left ? any new areas opening up to constuction ?

Havasu_Dreamin
    The benefit of building is you get to choose exactly what it is you want, layout, features, decor, colors, tile vs carpet etc.....

Kachina26
    The benefit of building is you get to choose exactly what it is you want, layout, features, decor, colors, tile vs carpet etc.....
    And the benefit of buy already built is, you move in right away. If you can wait, it's cheaper to build. If you have a low tolerence for stress, it's easier to buy one that's done. Costs a little more to buy ready built.

AirtimeLavey
    Plus if you set a realistic budget for the area, and stay within your budget (very difficult, almost impossible, esp. if there's a woman involved - j/k), you can get more for less. You just have to manage the stresses of the process. The right contractor will make or break you. Good luck, and post pics. if you do it.

ChumpChange
    By building, you can control the steepness of your driveway in order to make sure you'll be able to get your boat in......oh wait, on an existing lot, you can already see that.

Havasu_Dreamin
    You just have to manage the stresses of the process. The right contractor will make or break you.
    Very true!
    We had a very stress free experience with Summit Homes. Well, no stress from dealing with Summit or Mohave State Bank for the construction loan. The only stress involved was that my mom passed away two weeks after the forms were placed for the foundation. This was to be my parentsÂ’ retirement home and now she was not there to enjoy it. Summit told us to take however long we needed to figure out what we wanted/needed to do, the bank said the same thing. Abrey, owner of Summit homes, even offered to buy the lot and house back from us. They, Summit Homes, their rep Joanne Kupfer, and Mohave State Bank, made what was a terrible situation easier for my dad and I to deal with and for that I will forever be grateful.

Havasu1986
    By building, you can control the steepness of your driveway in order to make sure you'll be able to get your boat in......oh wait, on an existing lot, you can already see that.
    I bought my 1 year old house and didn't factor in the steepness, or width of "boat deep" garage. Thats why I have a new RV garage and a 4x4 thats stays attached to the boat.

INSman
    Ouch, that is gonna' leave a mark :220v:

Kachina26
    Well, I could always park it in your gara....... Oh wait, you don't have one I'll be enjoying mine this weekend
    Hey Blaine, when's the pool party, it looks nice.

Mrs.Racer277
    OUCH!

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast