Thread: GM XM / Sirius conversion

MudPumper
    Before I rip my truck apart, does anyboy know exactly where GM mounts the factory XM receiver in the truck???? I picked up the Sirius adapter, Howard 100 here I come.

Nord
    There is a brain that you just swap out and it seamlessly converts it over. The location depends on the truck. Some are behind the glove box, The others are behind the dash between the radio and the steering column. What year was the truck and how much did the thing cost out of curiosity?
    ~NORD~

MudPumper
    Nord, its a 06 2500HD and the Sirius box was $99 from circuit city. I think I found the XM box behind the Glove box but I can't get the wire harness to disconnect, and I can't see well enough to figure out what's holding it in. Knuckles are already bloody and I'm losing my patience. LOL :crossx:

Sleek-Jet
    Just don't set the pax side airbag off...
    I'm buying one for my brother for his birthday... he has on 02 GMC, so let us know how everything turns out.

MudPumper
    Just don't set the pax side airbag off...
    I'm buying one for my brother for his birthday... he has on 02 GMC, so let us know how everything turns out.
    I'll tell you what, Circuit City wanted about $100 to install this stupid thing that consists of a small box and a wire harness connector. I tell them, "No it's ok I got installation covered." Afterall, I worked for Lanzar Car Audio for 5 years and have installed my share of highpowered, multi amp and speaker car audio systems.
    The phucking hard part is the cramped space and maze of metal, plastic and wires behind the dash of the damn truck. Makes it impossible to get to anything.
    I'm now starting to think the $100 was a bargain to just let them do it. My left knuckles sure think so. LMFAO BMFHOTW (Banging My Focking Head On The Wall) LOL :boxed:

Nord
    The connector should have one side where there is an insert into a square hole that "clicks" in. you have to push it in or pull up on that square deelio...
    Good Luck.......