Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Helmets

Her454
    Save lives. My daughter and step son are proof of that. Layed a brand new crotch rocket (I HATE THOSE THINGS) down tonite and they are both covered with road rash, busted knee, separated shoulder and possible broken arm and my daughters helmet has a chunk out of it right at the temple where she hit the pavement. I don't like those bikes and didn't want him to buy it - OR her riding it but at least they had sense enough to put helmets on out on these country roads. He took a turn too fast and hit the bank and endo'ed the bike and then skidded it down the road. They are lucky and Im very grateful for helmets tonite. Hate those phone calls. :yuk:
    Go hug your kids.

JustMVG
    Wow glad they knew better and put the skid lids on, i wont ride without my helmet on even if it's just a 1 minute ride, you never know whats gonna happen. What kind of C rocket was it....

Her454
    Wow glad they knew better and put the skid lids on, i wont ride without my helmet on even if it's just a 1 minute ride, you never know whats gonna happen. What kind of C rocket was it....
    I couldn't tell you, I no nothing about them and don't really care to. All I know is its Red & Black and pretty messed up now. Only two months old.

YeLLowBoaT
    I am glad to hear that they were not badly hurt.

doesitfloat?
    Sh!t, that is scary. They, and you, are so lucky. How old is he?
    I don't think anyone under 21 should ride those things. There's so much to learn as a driver (sometimes the hard way) that I think kids should be driving a 70's sedan (read: lots o' metal around 'em). Those damn crotch rockets are so quick and unforgiving for the beginner, mistake prone, rider.
    I'm glad for you that your not ID'ing 2 bodies right now. Good luck on their recovery.

BiggusJimbus
    Save lives. My daughter and step son are proof of that. Layed a brand new crotch rocket (I HATE THOSE THINGS) down tonite and they are both covered with road rash, busted knee, separated shoulder and possible broken arm and my daughters helmet has a chunk out of it right at the temple where she hit the pavement. I don't like those bikes and didn't want him to buy it - OR her riding it but at least they had sense enough to put helmets on out on these country roads. He took a turn too fast and hit the bank and endo'ed the bike and then skidded it down the road. They are lucky and Im very grateful for helmets tonite. Hate those phone calls. :yuk:
    Go hug your kids.
    Now had they been wearing the rest of the proper gear, Jackets, gloves, Pants, Boots, they might have gotten away with just bruises.
    The good stuff is not cheap, but it's worth every penny. I've had freinds go down at over 100 mph and not had damage to anything but the gear and the bike.
    Shorts and t-shirts are not a good idea.
    Jim.
    Oh, and I'm certainly glad that they are mostly OK and that the lessons weren't too brutal. But the road rash is going to leave a mark on their memories.

Her454
    Sh!t, that is scary. They, and you, are so lucky. How old is he?
    I don't think anyone under 21 should ride those things. There's so much to learn as a driver (sometimes the hard way) that I think kids should be driving a 70's sedan (read: lots o' metal around 'em). Those damn crotch rockets are so quick and unforgiving for the beginner, mistake prone, rider.
    I'm glad for you that your not ID'ing 2 bodies right now. Good luck on their recovery.
    Thanks guys. He is 22 and she is 19. Very unforgiving, he learned that tonite. He was so scared that he hurt someone else, I hope he learned a lesson.

YeLLowBoaT
    I hope your right about curring them of wanting to get back on a bike.

Run_em_Hard
    People who love to ride will get back on a bike no matter what...but one good thing is lessons are always learned. I owned my Bullet bike for over 2 years and everyday you learn something new. I had a Semi blow a tire on the free-way while I was approaching it from the back. I was doing about 80 when it hit my bike and flew over my head. I never rode behind Semi's after that. He found his limits, just too bad he did it without full gear and with someone else on back.

Kilrtoy
    Now had they been wearing the rest of the proper gear, Jackets, gloves, Pants, Boots, they might have gotten away with just bruises.
    The good stuff is not cheap, but it's worth every penny. I've had freinds go down at over 100 mph and not had damage to anything but the gear and the bike.
    Shorts and t-shirts are not a good idea.
    Jim.
    Oh, and I'm certainly glad that they are mostly OK and that the lessons weren't too brutal. But the road rash is going to leave a mark on their memories.
    OH SO TRUE
    boots, gloves, glasses, good pants and upper torso cothing....
    people who ride anything without a helmet is an idiot

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast