Thread: Hot Dam Hondo

HighVoltage 329
    I may have a leed on Hot Dam Hondo. I would love to get it and restore it if it is an original. Was there more than one? What years was it run? Any help with ways to identify would be great. I remember seeing it run at Turlock Lake I think it was in the late 60s.

Fired Up
    HDH ran as an UGF and as a TAF. This was over several years with different drivers starting with Mike Brendel and ending with Sonny Jones, early 70's through late 70's. I followed the races as a teenager and Irv Brendel let me work the pits while they campaigned the TAF with Sonny Jones at the helm. Soon after we moved up to TFH and Smoke on the Water and no longer ran the TAF class. I want to say this was after winning the Ray Caselli Classic in Oakland around 1976?? Was there more than one hull? Contact Dean Staberg from 3D Boats, he would know. As I recall he drove the HDH for a time.

HighVoltage 329
    Great info, thanks. Does anyone have any pics or more info.

Dave Sammons
    You sure it finished up as a Alcohol Flat?? I remember it as a UGF with the Landy Hemi in 73/74 and a BFF in the mid seventies...lotta years ago though!!! :crossx: :crossx:
    http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data...-Hondo1974.jpg
    http://wediditforlove.com/imagesBOAT...ONNY-JONES.jpg

fc-cdf
    my dad Dean Staberg ran the first hot damn hondo in the sixties his # was 006 he ran uff
    the boat was sponsored by easylift hitch company and was called the easy lift special but located on the back deck was hot damn hondo. If I dig up some pics I would post them for you guys . My dad has a real neat photo alblum put together by Peggy Brendell.
    Derek

Fired Up
    Well, there you go....get it from Dean's boy himself,...wondered if you'd see this Derek.
    Hey, very very impressive ceremony yesterday for Rob. CDF put on a top notch FDNY caliber ceremony. I was impressed, so were the 2 BC's I traveled with. We should all be so lucky to be remembered in such a way.

Jim Brock
    THERE was a hot damn hondo that ran njba last race, said it was a orig, boat, should be there to race this weekend at njba, bakersfield

You can probably get addl info in you need from Mike Brendell. He owns MB Sports in Atwater.

daddy b
    Here is one from my computer collection.
    http://www.***boat.com/forums/attach...chmentid=17633