Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Stern Drive Tech

HatenWinter
    Just opened my October issue of ***boat and while reading Stern Drive Tech found an article titled 496HO Problem. I started reading it and it sounded very familiar. Turns out it was a thread I started in Outdrive Tech a couple of months ago titled 496HO Problem. The funny thing is that at the end it says it's from Tommy Martinez of Seattle Washington (not me). Pretty cool how they posted and responded to my problem but funny how they used some other guys name! I got screwed out of my 15 seconds of fame..... :cry: :rollside: :rollside:

RiverDave
    Just opened my October issue of ***boat and while reading Stern Drive Tech found an article titled 496HO Problem. I started reading it and it sounded very familiar. Turns out it was a thread I started in Outdrive Tech a couple of months ago titled 496HO Problem. The funny thing is that at the end it says it's from Tommy Martinez of Seattle Washington (not me). Pretty cool how they posted and responded to my problem but funny how they used some other guys name! I got screwed out of my 15 seconds of fame..... :cry: :rollside: :rollside:
    LOL... Well you should've included your real name and location on your tech post then you would have had your 15 seconds..
    RD

ChumpChange
    I think I remember them requesting more questions from their readers a few months ago. I guess one doesn't need to write in these days with the internet and forums such as this.

28Prowler525
    IMO Tommy Martinez cut and pasted your writing into his email. Some people will do anything to get into the spotlight.

HatenWinter
    IMO Tommy Martinez cut and pasted your writing into his email. Some people will do anything to get into the spotlight.
    That very well could be, don't really care though, not much of a spotlight! But hey, I may have found the solution to my engine problem!!!

Beer-30
    Did the problem ever get fixed? maybe I missed the outcome. Curious what it was.

HatenWinter
    No, sad to say it's still occuring. Although according to the response in the magazine I should check the plugs first thing in the morning and see if there is any water or coolant on them indicating a leak somewhere. If it works Im sending Tommy Martinez a 12 pack!!!!!

Beer-30
    Bummer. I didn't re-read the whole post, but have you tried swapping ECMs with someone elses? Or a loaner from a shop? I have heard of ECM gremlins causing such things.

VanDeano
    Tommy Martinez...what kind of name is that "SPANENGLISH" Cant tell if he is a mexican or a white guy....

HatenWinter
    Bummer. I didn't re-read the whole post, but have you tried swapping ECMs with someone elses? Or a loaner from a shop? I have heard of ECM gremlins causing such things.
    No, theres still a few things I need to try before I get to that point, hopefully I'll get it figured out soon!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast