Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: No running on the playground???

MrsJetDriver
    I was at my sons school this morning (he is 6) and one of the other mothers asks how he is enjoying 1st grade so far (this is his second week). He says "I like it but the one thing I don't like is Recess". The mother and I look at each other confused. We're both thinking, what kid doesn't like recess. Well it turns out they don't let the kids run on the playground! Now keep in mind this is a huge playground. What are things coming too? I understand no running to and from class and things of that nature. But at recess no running? We always played and ran on the playground when I was a kid, and guess what I survived it!!!! Sorry about the rant, it just seems like they are taking everything that we as kids enjoyed away.
    Venting done....

HocusPocus
    i don't like it either, i have 4 kids going to 3 schools. if they allow them to run and one gets hurt.. its a lawsuit in the making. everyone is sue happy and most businesses and schools are all paranoid about it.

racincraft440
    i don't like it either, i have 4 kids going to 3 schools. if they allow them to run and one gets hurt.. its a lawsuit in the making. everyone is sue happy and most businesses and schools are all paranoid about it.
    Zactly!!
    My kids run and play on the playground still today. Thankfully. But it's the "victims" in todays society that ruin it for the masses.

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
    Youve got to be kiddin me!!! That is so GAY!! How are you going to not let children run on tha F**KING playground I remember getting bloody noses,scapes,etc when I was young. Its part of life. What is the world comming to No wonder why so many kids are shooting up schools these days. They have to get action some how

It's a shame, but the question is: when you called the school to find out WHY there is no running, what did they say? Venting is normal, but won't affect a change.... only action will. I guess we have identified one reason why there's a problem with juvenile obesity.
    Get involved.... make a difference. Not only is it a positive role model for your child, they can't give you detention for talking back!

Singleton
    step sons both have the same rule at school, it sucks in my mind. All parents agree (me, mom, and their dad) that if they break this rule we will not yell at them. Stupid rules these days bc of sue happy parents.
    I was so confused I called a buddy that works for the district to find out reason => answer - "A parent sued the district last year and won bc her daughter broke an arm at rec. playing soccer. " My buddy told me district can't afford to pay so now the parents are coming after assets of the district (land). I really want to find out who these parents are and tell them to go to hell. Not only are they takign teh fun away, but now a new school that needs to be built is goign bye bye so the district can pay them off, that is bullshit in my mind.
    Just my .02, but these things really piss me off.
    Sue happy people, need to move out of here.

AngryJosh
    Thats why kis are getting fatter and develope diabetes so early in life...things like this contribute

superdave013
    so I guess skateboarding is out of the question then? lol

eek-a-RAT
    Thats why kis are getting fatter and develope diabetes so early in life...things like this contribute
    i agree.
    no runnining, soccer mom stuffin thier kids with fast food while the kids play on the playstaion & pretend their excersising.

Jetdriver
    I think I may need to have a chat with the office tomorrow. Didnt know they arent letting the kids run around now. Sounds like bullshit.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast