Thread: Trim tab question?

rearview
    Ok i'm new to boating and I have a 19 foot glastron with a merc. 5.7 liter I/O. It is very hard to trim it out in the water. and rides like hell until I find what I will call the sweet spot. I have been told that I can add trm tabs to the boat for better performance. Any advice would be great. Thanks

voodoomedman
    Ok i'm new to boating and I have a 19 foot glastron with a merc. 5.7 liter I/O. It is very hard to trim it out in the water. and rides like hell until I find what I will call the sweet spot. I have been told that I can add trm tabs to the boat for better performance. Any advice would be great. Thanks
    1st. Nice avatar
    2nd. Try posting in Sandbar to get more responses
    3rd. Tabs aren't cheap to buy and install. For your boat maybe try some cheaper things first like a Hydrofoil. I'm no expert by any means just a suggestion.

Classic Daycruiser
    You should not need trim tabs for your 19 Glastron. Does your trim gauge work? what position do you need to be in at WOT to find the sweet spot?

Havasu Hangin'
    Tabs will help keep the nose down in rough water, but the increased drag will slow you down...not speed you up.