Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Race Dates Revised - NJBA 06 Schedule

Willis
    January 14, 2006
    Hello every one,
    :argue:
    Just wanted to make an addendum to the race date schedule.
    Just got and up date from Kern County Parks & Recreation.
    :messedup:
    The May and June dates changed.
    The revised dates have been changed on the boat bucks.
    Please down load a new one from this thread for the current dates. As you are aware, all of the race dates are tentative and may change.
    If they change, I will keep you apprised.
    Willis

UBFJ #454
    Willis ... Once again the NJBA's Nationals schedule conflicts with IHBA World Finals ... How are you guys going to resolve that this year? Also, as posted the Nationals are scheduled for Sunday & Monday.

mj680
    WILLIS...the NJBA race on Sept 16-17 2006 is on the same weekend as
    the Thunder Boat/IHBA race in San Diego. Ron :argue:

Willis ... Once again the NJBA's Nationals schedule conflicts with IHBA World Finals ... How are you guys going to resolve that this year? Also, as posted the Nationals are scheduled for Sunday & Monday.
    NO ... not our fault this time ... I faxed and called Charlie about the dates in October before his schedule was made, and while I was at the World Finals ... I spoke to him face to face ... he planned his finals date on top of ours.
    The olny race that we could not change was San Diego ... Charlie and I spoke about him running the second weekend in November this year ... he obviously didn't care or consider NJBA.
    Willis ... don't post up date changes until they have been approved by the board.

It sounds like the schedule for NJBA is not in stone yet.

NO ... not our fault this time ... I faxed and called Charlie about the dates in October before his schedule was made, and while I was at the World Finals ... I spoke to him face to face ... he planned his finals date on top of ours.
    The olny race that we could not change was San Diego ... Charlie and I spoke about him running the second weekend in November this year ... he obviously didn't care or consider NJBA.
    Willis ... don't post up date changes until they have been approved by the board.
    Welcome to Feganomics 101!!
    Sorry to hear the news Busby

Welcome to Feganomics 101!!
    Sorry to hear the news Busby
    tell me about it ... and all of this while I was making negotiating NJBA hosting two IHBA divisional races ... I guess that shows me how much he wants to work with other org's ... kinda sucks ...

It sounds like the schedule for NJBA is not in stone yet.
    The NJBA schedule is set, has been set by the board since last October. Kern County has come back with conflicting events on the lake on a couple of races ... but that doesn't mean that we have to run there.
    With the way Kern County wants us to run, we would only have one weekend off between the April & May races. This will not work. If we do not get another place to hold the race, there is a possibility of having to cancel the May race ... which none of us want to do.
    But the schedule stands as voted by the board ... until the Feburary 7th meeting, at that point we will be able to look at all of the options and make an appropriate decision on what to do.
    Lake Elsinore is a possibility at this point.

mj680
    tell me about it ... and all of this while I was making negotiating NJBA hosting two IHBA divisional races ... I guess that shows me how much he wants to work with other org's ... kinda sucks ...
    Brian...Charlie Fegan does not set the dates for San Diego or the Finals.
    Those dates are set by the City Of San Diego and by Firebird Raceway.
    They have not changed in the last several years.So the only dates moving are NJBA or Kern County. Ron :argue:

UBFJ #454
    Brian, mj680 is right ... Charlie Allen sets the date for The World Finals as he Promotes the Race ... CF has nothing to say about it. This past year CF asked for an additional day for The Finals and Charlie Allen said No ... He felt CF didn't need another day.
    For what ever it's worth CF only Promotes 1 Race ... The Spring LakeFest and Allen has Final Say as to its date, no matter what CF asks for.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast