Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Lightning

gmejia
    Opinion On Lightning Boats!!

Jyruiz
    You will get opinions on both sides of the fence, but in the end, you are the only one that has to be happy with it. Get a test ride, if you like it and makes you happy, then go for it.

voodoomedman
    You will get opinions on both sides of the fence, but in the end, you are the only one that has to be happy with it. Get a test ride, if you like it and makes you happy, then go for it.
    Yes you will. Most really don't say anything bad about the boat though. Is it a DCB or Sk8ter? No. Is it going to fall apart? Probably not. The negative things you will hear will be about the owners of the company and their history. Do a search on here and you will see what I'm talking about. Some people get offended when it is said on here of the bad things about the Van Beek's thinking that their personal boat is being attacked. Beaverretriever just got a brand new lightning and his boat looks sweet. Almost as good as his wife.

riverlover
    I agree ..very happy with our 21xs... boat looks and runs bitcien...it is the company that we had issues with ..seems they had some personel turnover and the guys that we dealt with are no longer there and the ones left behind are well, let's just say not as nice...

RitcheyRch
    Ditto.

socalmofo
    I have a 24xs and I am super happy with it. Runs strong!
    From my experiences MOST of the people with negative comments have no direct experience (or have an ultra...j/k).

Mandelon
    Opinion On Lightning Boats!!
    Opinion on a new one or an older one?

FLOJO
    all i have to say is go see gav. he is a cool guy and will try to do everthing he can to make you happy.

beaverretriever
    Yes you will. Most really don't say anything bad about the boat though. Is it a DCB or Sk8ter? No. Is it going to fall apart? Probably not. The negative things you will hear will be about the owners of the company and their history. Do a search on here and you will see what I'm talking about. Some people get offended when it is said on here of the bad things about the Van Beek's thinking that their personal boat is being attacked. Beaverretriever just got a brand new lightning and his boat looks sweet. Almost as good as his wife.
    LOL, thanks Voodoo...
    You will be hard pressed to find nicer, up to date gel work. My wife and I are very happy with our boat.
    Is it a DCB or a Skater? No, but its also not a 150k plus, plus, plus. Thats like saying "What do you think about the Ford Mustang" and someone saying, "its no Ferrari".
    We didnt have one problem with anyone there and either has anyone else I know that bought a boat there.
    Will our next boat be a Lightning? Who knows, I kind of have my eye on a Howard Bullet in the next few yrs.
    Here are a few shots of our 23xs.
    http://img156.imageshack.us/img156/7...640x480zo8.jpg
    http://img156.imageshack.us/img156/1...640x480pw2.jpg
    and the gratuitous pic of the wife...LOL
    http://img183.imageshack.us/img183/9256/cimg1713gr4.jpg

out of bounds
    love my 21lx (Jet) the only problem is that in 03 ultra ran an add advertising this boat for x amount. I had just sold my 87 ultra that week and was starting to look around and there was this ad. I was having the boat trader mail too me from a friend. I got home from work saw the ad and called the store in the valley and the dude said just come and we will take care of you. I told him i lived in sac area and i could be there when he opened at 9 amhe said cool. I left from the dinner table stayed at my buddies and was there a 8:30 he didnt show until 11:15. should have ben clue #1. He said the surf was bittchen.After spending some time there going over all the opt I was off to sac.now 5 weeks later we show up and that when it all started surfer dude "oh man the boss made us put lighting on all the seats".but the sterring wheel and the swim steps all had ultra on them they had even put the ulra stickers on side of the boat. NOT COOL. On the boats id tag there was a tag over the ultra id.ok now I some what pissed and the reg says lighting / ultra???bottom line love the boat.just stay away from surfer dude or double check everything.Now my ??? is it an ultra or a lighting?????

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast