Page 1 of 25 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Channel Scum

Jokers Wild Havasu
    I occasionally lurk around the forums and keep my mouth shut but IÂ’m just getting a little fed up with some things so here goes my rant.
    IÂ’ve attend many meetings and functions over the past few years trying to defend our sport/lifestyle (Performance Boating). IÂ’ve taken many non-boaters who are in positions that can affect our sport on rides in my boats, lunches, dinners and basically spent a fair amount of time and money trying to help educate the boat haters that we (Performance Boaters) arenÂ’t all bad. Yes I do have a little more to lose than the average guy due to the nature of my business, but all aside I am still an avid boater.
    I can’t remember who said it but I’m going to quote that unknown person. “There is usually about 5% of any group who are bad apples, trouble makers and or just poor representatives to their group.” I’m starting to wonder if it may be a little more than a 5% bad apple ratio in our group. I’m no angel, I’ve done some stupid things in the past but we all need to grow up sometime and take responsibility for ourselves and those on our boats.
    Today I was toting around a film crew, members from Lake Havasu and Arizona tourism board and a production crew in the Channel. They were shooting a commercial trying to promote boating in Arizona. I had just finished answering their questions on the wild out of control partying and vulgar behavior that they have heard of in Havasu. Trying to defend our sport I used the above mentioned 5% theory. I no sooner finished my statement when some idiot started screaming SHOW YOUR TITS over and over and over. Before I turned to look at the idiot I was hoping it was some tweaker or a channel troll acting a fool, but no it was some yahoo in a little Eliminator cat with twin outboards. WhatÂ’s your problem!!!!!!!!! Do you have no self control or class!!!!!!! This isnÂ’t the first time IÂ’ve seen you being an idiot. You know who you are & also not everyone wants to hear your crappy sounding stereo!!
    My office is in the Channel and I see a lot of people doing a lot of unnecessary damage to our sport. It sounds stupid but maybe we should we post names and pictures of these people so we could shun them from our sport?????
    Todd Taylor
    Jokers Wild Promotions

SHAKEN Not Stirred
    Hey Todd....
    It's a shame that the Havasu boating life we all once enjoyed as kids has changed so much........
    Hopefully we can all find a way to slow down the madness a bit.....
    Good to see you post here.....
    Later,
    CJG

Magic34
    I occasionally lurk around the forums and keep my mouth shut but IÂ’m just getting a little fed up with some things so here goes my rant.
    IÂ’ve attend many meetings and functions over the past few years trying to defend our sport/lifestyle (Performance Boating). IÂ’ve taken many non-boaters who are in positions that can affect our sport on rides in my boats, lunches, dinners and basically spent a fair amount of time and money trying to help educate the boat haters that we (Performance Boaters) arenÂ’t all bad. Yes I do have a little more to lose than the average guy due to the nature of my business, but all aside I am still an avid boater.
    I can’t remember who said it but I’m going to quote that unknown person. “There is usually about 5% of any group who are bad apples, trouble makers and or just poor representatives to their group.” I’m starting to wonder if it may be a little more than a 5% bad apple ratio in our group. I’m no angel, I’ve done some stupid things in the past but we all need to grow up sometime and take responsibility for ourselves and those on our boats.
    Today I was toting around a film crew, members from Lake Havasu and Arizona tourism board and a production crew in the Channel. They were shooting a commercial trying to promote boating in Arizona. I had just finished answering their questions on the wild out of control partying and vulgar behavior that they have heard of in Havasu. Trying to defend our sport I used the above mentioned 5% theory. I no sooner finished my statement when some idiot started screaming SHOW YOUR TITS over and over and over. Before I turned to look at the idiot I was hoping it was some tweaker or a channel troll acting a fool, but no it was some yahoo in a little Eliminator cat with twin outboards. WhatÂ’s your problem!!!!!!!!! Do you have no self control or class!!!!!!! This isnÂ’t the first time IÂ’ve seen you being an idiot. You know who you are & also not everyone wants to hear your crappy sounding stereo!!
    My office is in the Channel and I see a lot of people doing a lot of unnecessary damage to our sport. It sounds stupid but maybe we should we post names and pictures of these people so we could shun them from our sport?????
    Todd Taylor
    Jokers Wild Promotions
    With that being said, I'll continue to sponsor your events.

LHC30Victory
    Hey Todd, Thanks for your effort to spread reason to those who would not otherwise see it. We would be happy to help in whatever way we could.
    On the other note, and IMHO, the 5% number I am sure is a random guess and this wacka wonder (no disrespect to non-wonder's with wackas ) just happens to be one of those "squeaky wheels" that seems to get noticed more than others. I think posting names will invite another "drama contest" and so the true intent will quickly become lost. We should speak among ourselves and deal with this problem in real life rather than on the boards.

SummitKarl
    Hey Todd, Thanks for your effort to spread reason to those who would not otherwise see it. We would be happy to help in whatever way we could.
    On the other note, and IMHO, the 5% number I am sure is a random guess and this wacka wonder (no disrespect to non-wonder's with wackas ) just happens to be one of those "squeaky wheels" that seems to get noticed more than others. I think posting names will invite another "drama contest" and so the true intent will quickly become lost. We should speak among ourselves and deal with this problem in real life rather than on the boards.
    Pure genius......
    I may know a concrete crew or two looking for work :2purples:

lucky
    It may be out of hand - Sure -- But maybe Next time DON"T take a film Crew to the CHannel ????? Thats as bad as taking them to the sand bar to promote the Angels of Boating - I would suggest you take them on YOUR Organized Events - - Ps -- Whacker Guys Only want to see tits as they are Usually Sporting Sausage on their rides Seriouly-- I could think of a bizzilian better places show how good US boaters are ! Chris

superdave013
    well you were there with a film crew.
    Post his pic already!
    BTW, I do agree with your thinking and it won't be the first time people have been called out here complete with pics.

DCBDaytona
    I have an idea who it is...But in reality, what did you expect? Havasu has changed drastically over the years, and much for the worse. There are low class/uneducated people boating there everyday! This does not come as a suprise at all. :cry:

havaduner
    I have an idea who it is...But in reality, what did you expect? Havasu has changed drastically over the years, and much for the worse. There are low class/uneducated people boating there everyday! This does not come as a suprise at all. :cry:
    Yeah, unfortunately some of these low class/uneducated people buy big expensive fast boats, still act like FOCKING idiots, but arent classified by as the "undesireable" becuase they are in the brand boat of the day.....

DCBDaytona
    Yeah, unfortunately some of these low class/uneducated people buy big expensive fast boats, still act like FOCKING idiots, but arent classified by as the "undesireable" becuase they are in the brand boat of the day.....
    Believe me, I understand. Havasu...Nevermind, I don't want to rant! Things have changed, we'll leave it at that.

Page 1 of 25 1234511 ... LastLast