Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Business Opportunity... Help

UnionJack
    So a BO has just come up on the scope.... which will allow HavaTan to expand from 2 locations to 6 within three months. The growth will allow us to own the Inland Empire. So I guess the question is should I sell some toys to raise the money or get some investors? I need to put together about 500k but the return should be out of control.

DCBDaytona
    So a BO has just come up on the scope.... which will allow HavaTan to expand from 2 locations to 6 within three months. The growth will allow us to own the Inland Empire. So I guess the question is should I sell some toys to raise the money or get some investors? I need to put together about 500k but the return should be out of control.
    I say do it yourself. If you have to sacrifice toys now for 'out of control' cash flow, that's mionr in the long run!

UnionJack
    I say do it yourself. If you have to sacrifice toys now for 'out of control' cash flow, that's mionr in the long run!
    I know, But I still Want to have fun

ChumpChange
    Taking on investors just brings more opinions into the mix. It seems that you and HavaTan are doing a good job with the two of you at this time. If you'd be able to own the IE though, it seems like a good opportunity. I won't say anymore here on this forum as I don't want to sound like I'm breaking any privacy laws. If you still have my card, give me a call if you'd like.
    Selling toys in this market isn't the easiest thing to do as well, just look at the SPAM section here.

catman-do
    I know, But I still Want to have fun
    Then you just answered your own question. Just remember if you bring in an investor then each of those people will have a say (or atleast try to) in the way they think "their" portion of the money should be spent. I personally would sell the toys for a year or so and start collecting cash.

Dave C
    it depends on you..
    investors = surrender some control
    do-it-urself = more flexibility less ball breaking received from "others"
    besides isn't a few-month-old DCB supposed to be sold anyway.... :rollside:

Havasu_Dreamin
    besides isn't a few-month-old DCB supposed to be sold anyway.... :rollside:
    :rollside:

Say10
    I have my own company and I can't tell you the number of times I have put off buying this or that or going here or there. Any time I can take $1 and make into $2 I make the sacrafice. Believe me it's pissed off my wife more than once. Make the sacrafices now and remember nobody, no matter how well you pay them will ever care as much as you do about if your co. If it fails or not. Growth is something I am always thinking about. It makes me pucker but I know it's just around my corner. Good Luck.

a catered life
    the least amount of people you keep involved the faster you will be able to make critical decissions that may affect your bottom line faster..remember business is not like sex.....less head (s) is better in the main room

UnionJack
    I wouldn't sell the boat, but the GT40 and the Bentley would have to go

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast