OK as always shit happens and 15 sec after firing my used motor the cam broke right at the timming gear.Im not sure way or how this could happen but the old cam gear was missing most of is theeth and may have fatigue the cam. I have inspected the rest of the motor and all appears to be ok. My problem is after tearing down the top end to remove the cam it will not come out? I have look over everthing many time to make sure its not being blocked and can not see anything. The cam will move back and forth about a 1/4" (end play) matbey the reson it failed? So do you guys think it wore a grove in the bearing? How do you set end play the manual I have (haynes) suck and it not very helpful in addition I have sold the boat and need to get it back together by the weekend.(stress)BTW is it possible the new gear I put on had something to do with this? IT a 1972 gear and I only change the cam gear and not the crank due to it being the same as the one on my junk motor the cam gear came from. cry burningm