Thread: Hey dmontzsta

Tom Brown
    Have you ever pulled the power amp from a 3rd gen Maxima?
    I want to pull the rear power amp out of my car (I'm not using it) and put it in a buddy's 3rd gen. The problem is, I wouldn't know where to find it. Any insight?

rrrr
    Tom, locate every wire in the rear third of the car. Make sure you look under the car, too.
    Cut all the wires at an imaginary line near the rear door post. Next, follow the cut wires to the devices connected to each wire. Unbolt, unscrew, or rip out the devices and collect them in a pile.
    When that is done, call Kim Hanson and ask him to come over and look at the debris pile. Kim is a ace number one stereo guy, and he'll spot the amp right away.

dmontzsta
    Tom, are you talking about the BOSE amp? If so...you can see it from inside the trunk, it is a plastic looking box (next to the speaker), should have wires coming out of it green and black or red and black, depending on the year. If your car is already wired with an aftermarket sound system, they might have wired it through the amp, or just bi-passed it. I did a re-wire on my bro in laws (Maxi 3rd gen) and just snipped the wires that go in to it and tapped off those. Let me know, good luck.

Tom Brown
    Neither is the Bose system. Both are the 'active speaker system'. It's got the bass shaker on th back deck.

dmontzsta
    Neither is the Bose system. Both are the 'active speaker system'. It's got the bass shaker on th back deck.
    I dont have experience with that. Can you see the black box next to the speaker? It should be the same, I cant imagine that they hid the amp. I am going to ask my buddy, he is a bigger speaker guru.

Kim Hanson
    Tom, locate every wire in the rear third of the car. Make sure you look under the car, too.
    Cut all the wires at an imaginary line near the rear door post. Next, follow the cut wires to the devices connected to each wire. Unbolt, unscrew, or rip out the devices and collect them in a pile.
    When that is done, call Kim Hanson and ask him to come over and look at the debris pile. Kim is a ace number one stereo guy, and he'll spot the amp right away.
    Mine have all been the size of small coffee tables, little ones freak me out.......( . )( . )............ Im no help here :220v:

lucky
    Have you ever pulled the power amp from a 3rd gen Maxima?
    I want to pull the rear power amp out of my car (I'm not using it) and put it in a buddy's 3rd gen. The problem is, I wouldn't know where to find it. Any insight?
    if ya want it removed , park it at hansens house !!! You'll even get a free paint job ( sry kim , had to say it )

Kim Hanson
    if ya want it removed , park it at hansens house !!! You'll even get a free paint job ( sry kim , had to say it )
    Well if they can't take it out no one can.........( . )( . )............they even autograph their shit . :crossx:

hoolign
    3rd`gen Maxima?? If even one generation owned a maxima in our family there would be a murder / suicide!