Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Donzi

mvp palisades
    Anyone familiar with Donzi 38 ZR? Any opinions?

LuckyStrike
    Anyone familiar with Donzi 38 ZR? Any opinions?
    Ive Got a friend here in PHX that has one.Other then a recent drive issue I think he is happy with it :crossx:

DMOORE
    Not saying anything bad about the Donzi, but In that size range, I say I'd have to go with a Cirarette or Fountain. I don't think you can get any more experiance than those guys. Especially when running a boat in rough water, things take a beating. And experiance counts.
    Darrell.

LuckyStrike
    undefinedNot saying anything bad about the Donzi, but In that size range, I say I'd have to go with a Cirarette or Fountain. I don't think you can get any more experiance than those guys. Especially when running a boat in rough water, things take a beating. And experiance counts.
    I would say Cig. 1st Donzi 2nd Fountain 3-4
    All of these boats Now have Stepped Hulls I personally feel Fountains Hull is VERY Squirly.I Will Not own another Stepped Hull. Baja, Powerplay Are Two Great Boat Hulls With True Deep Vee Hulls. With Big Power they Are Right up there.
    Darrell.

DMOORE
    undefined
    I'm not sure how that happened, but the bottom of your quote is not from me. Somehow it was inserted into my quote. BTW not running a stepped bottom does not make any sense. Sure the very early stepped hulls may be a bit squirrly but the second generation hulls are very well behaved, and efficient.
    Darrell.

GRUNION
    The person to ask on here would be Big warlock he has one.

soupersonic
    BTW not running a stepped bottom does not make any sense.
    Tell that to the Velocity, Sonic and Powerplay and numerous other straight V owners like Pantera and i think Superboat.The difference is that the stepped hulls cant handle the "huge" water that they used to race in.The so called "offshore racing" is like a circle track now and they might see 3-4 footers. So yea...stepped hull is faster , until it gets real rough,then they are sitting on the dock watching the real boats run.
    Lets see your stepped hull do this
    http://media.boatmad.com/gallery/v/m...che_2.wmv.html

FASTERDAMITT
    Supersonic, I think there are step bottoms that work without the handling loss like on Outerlimits ect... Here's my favorite,
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...78DSCN2757.JPG

soupersonic
    Yes there are, i just wanted to make a point that you dont have to have a step bottom to be fast.And also just because your running a stepped bottom doesnt mean your going to handle the real big water well.

LuckyStrike
    Yes there are, i just wanted to make a point that you dont have to have a step bottom to be fast.And also just because your running a stepped bottom doesnt mean your going to handle the real big water well.
    Right On...Stepped Hulls Are Useless In Big Water...Meaning Atlatic Ocean Big
    Not The Rollers That Are in the West Coast...Team Lucky Strike36 Concept :crossx:

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast