Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Graphing Calculator-Help

JetBoatRich
    Part of the materials needed in My daughter's math class is a Graphing Calculator. They recommend one if these TI-83, TI-84 or TI-84 plus. Wondering who has experience with these, where is the best place to buy and which one?

CornWater
    They are very common now.. You would probably get the best deal at Walmart, should be under $100.

YeLLowBoaT
    All those are on the lower end of whats out there now. Does the teacher teach with a a particalur one.( get that one if they do) They all have diff syntax. If they don't, I recomend getting a ti86+( lasted thru the 1st level of calc) ti 89 is a good choice if you want it to last thru all of thier math classes( I used mine all the way thru engneering classes). anything higher then that and you can't use it for the ACT/SAT

JetBoatRich
    The teacher listed the three, but did also say no TI-89

YeLLowBoaT
    Thats bcuz the 89 does algebra and basic calc
    When does she need it? the 82-84+ have simplar syntax, but the 86/86+ does alot more. if you must get a 82- 84+ get the 84+ other wise get the 86+ the syntax is not that more complacted then the 84+ and there is alot more progies for them on the net.( get a graph link...its worth the $10 for the games...)

hallett21
    Part of the materials needed in My daughter's math class is a Graphing Calculator. They recommend one if these TI-83, TI-84 or TI-84 plus. Wondering who has experience with these, where is the best place to buy and which one?
    depending on wat class she is im a sophmore in algebra 2 and i wuld use the 84 plus. sooner or later ull need it mina as well buy one insteaad of two

Wizard29
    I used a TI-85 through high school and college. I still use it occasionally for engineering calculations at work. Works very well for just aout everything.
    Just FYI, it has the capability for game playing on it (like Tetris and a few others), so don't let her know that if she might be distracted during class.

SHAKEN Not Stirred
    TI-83 Plus or TI-84 Plus would be fine.....
    Best Buy.....Circuit City.......CompUSA........Fry's Electronics
    Office Depot.......OfficeMax..........RadioShack........S am's
    Staples.......Target...........Wal-Mart
    Later...
    CJG

RitcheyRch
    Walmart might be the cheapest to get one.

jbone
    Seems to be a lot of smart people around around.
    I think I was surfing too much because I don't ever remember anything above geometry.
    And, I never needed a special calculator.
    J

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast