Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Blew the droop and nozzle off the bowl!!

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
    Yesterday me and 460 jus getn it was at the lake cruisin to the beach. The first issue was the belt that flew off and continued to spin in the middle of the bilge. Then we passed a rollbar boat at wot then all of a sudden we got thrown into the dash. We were both like "What tha f**k". I looked back and saw water comming in so I jumped in the water. I noticed that the bilge plug fell out and the droop was hanging to the driver side of the boat. Ty asked me what happened and I said "we lost the nozzle" He said "What" again, and I told him that we lost the droop and the nozzle. It pulled the bolts right out of the bowl. Then our boy viddog stopped to help us and his boat wouldnt start. Next bad thing was some A$$HOLE in a 30+ foot cabin cruiser circled us and then trimmed up and came back by throwing 3ft rollers. I were so mad We finally got vindogs boat to run so he pulled us to the beach. Ty was able to get 5 bolts in it bowl and we got back to the ramp with 3k rpms. We had some issues but still had a great time. Big ups to vindogg and jordan for all the help. Looking foward to this weekend Oh and by the way, this was 460 jus getn it's boat NOT mine.....

olbiezer
    talk about suprise, suprise..........did the bolts dtrip out or just fall off? sounds as if u saved it from sinking anyway......good job..... :rollside:

460 jus getn it
    talk about suprise, suprise..........did the bolts dtrip out or just fall off? sounds as if u saved it from sinking anyway......good job..... :rollside:
    Blew the threads right out of the right side of the bowl......Read the thanks go out thread........Let me tell you, not something i ever want to go threw again.

The Jerk
    holy crap. that would suck. did it just strip the threads and actually snap them clean? its amazing what some boaters would do or not realize what they are doing. I am no expert by anymeans or a vetren of the water but everyone out there is out to have a good time ( i would think). Rollers stink!
    Heck i stopped by a pantoon boat because the guy was in the middle of no where and digging through something(thought a tool bag) turns out he was diggin in the ice chest for another cold one. LOL. He thanks me for stopping and offerd me one.

460 jus getn it
    holy crap. that would suck. did it just strip the threads and actually snap them clean? its amazing what some boaters would do or not realize what they are doing. I am no expert by anymeans or a vetren of the water but everyone out there is out to have a good time ( i would think). Rollers stink!
    Heck i stopped by a pantoon boat because the guy was in the middle of no where and digging through something(thought a tool bag) turns out he was diggin in the ice chest for another cold one. LOL. He thanks me for stopping and offerd me one.
    Broke one of the bolts off and pulled the rest of them off. Im thinking that the threads on the bowl were shot and it was in due time.

BrendellaJet
    was the bowl double drilled or no?

Duane HTP
    Always use studs for a droop or a snoot installation. Put them in to the depth of the threaded hole with locktite. The removing of the bolts to change wedges and such will weaken the threads. If you add much wedge, it will also bend the bolts. If it bends the studs, no problem. They are stationary. Just trying to help.

67weimann
    Sorry to hear the bad news. Glad it wasn't worse.
    Good luck on getting it back together... :crossx:

james
    460 do you have a Place Diverter?? If so nice save those things are not cheap. Why do you think this happened? Were you restricting the jet wash some how?? Hope this doesnt hurt the pocket bock to much.

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
    yup, there is a diverter and Im thinking the reason they pulled is because of the bowls age. That is a very old bowl. He is going to double drill and restud it.....

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast