Thread: Terry Bilbrey

gnRacer98
    Anyone have confirmation on this?
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/inboar.../message/20082

the real k-boat king
    Anyone have confirmation on this?
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/inboar...message/20082I heard he was killed in a car accident. prayers to his family.

kipperps28
    That is very sad. Godspeed, and our prayers to his family and friends.

Moneypitt
    Funeral set for Terry Bilbrey
    September 20, 2006
    Funeral services for Terry Bilbrey, 67, of Champaign will be at 10 a.m. Thursday at Morgan Memorial Home, 1304 Regency Drive West, Savoy, Ill. (Click here for a map). Burial will be in Woodlawn Cemetery, 1803 N Coler Ave., Urbana, Illl. (Click here for a map).
    Visitation will be from 5 to 7 p.m. Wednesday at the funeral home.
    Bilbrey died Monday at Carle Foundation Hospital, Urbana, from injuries he suffered in a car accident on the way home from Rock Fork. He was the owner of the "Champaign Taste" K-Racing Runabout. With driver Duff Daily, Bilbrey's "Champaign Taste" holds the world record of 147.264 mph.

wildfire555
    Terry was a great guy. I had the oppertunity to visit him in 2000 at his home. I drove out to champaign to pick up a boat from him. The boat was an oddly colored yellow biesmyer. I commented to him about the ugly color. Later on that day he took me to his home where i saw probally a dozen pictures of yellow boats. Even though i put my foot in my mouth it didn't seem to bother him one bit. You could tell from terrys house his whole life was about boat racing. Even before i strarted driving race boats terry always knew my name and took time to talk to me. A lot of people probally don't know that terry was a councilman at one time in Champaign. what a great guy. he will be missed.
    Woody

Mr. V-Driver
    Sad to hear this!!! We had made him a bunch of stuff through "Todd Culp" throughout the years. Thoughts and prayers go out to the family!!!!!!!!