Thread: Flipped-Out

shootingstar72683
    First, Thanks for all the help and advice on flipping this boat. The exhaust-pipe stand was tops. I'm going to use the 2 cherry-picker motor hoist& WIFE. Questions;What's the best thing to put it on to work on it? 55gal drums&4x4's,tires, saw-horses seem awful light,(how many would you have to use). How high is the best hieght to have it? Should it be on the floor,or say waist-high? Are you able to crawl on it for sanding and working on it,or stand next to it only? :idea:

IMPATIENT 1
    Soft Tires Work Well,gary

MikeF
    Milk crates w/ towels on top of them...........in a pinch. :220v: :boxed:

IMPATIENT 1
    First, Thanks for all the help and advice on flipping this boat. The exhaust-pipe stand was tops. I'm going to use the 2 cherry-picker motor hoist& WIFE. Questions;What's the best thing to put it on to work on it? 55gal drums&4x4's,tires, saw-horses seem awful light,(how many would you have to use). How high is the best hieght to have it? Should it be on the floor,or say waist-high? Are you able to crawl on it for sanding and working on it,or stand next to it only? :idea:
    i like the hull to be on the ground(on top of mats or tires) so i can get up on it when sandin.

shootingstar72683
    Soft Tires Work Well,gary
    Hi my friend. Did Rob contact ya about the ski-step? The tires are the easiest to get. one tire high is enough, then I guess you can climb all over it without worrying about it falling

shootingstar72683
    i like the hull to be on the ground(on top of mats or tires) so i can get up on it when sandin.
    I've got someone coming over to show me how to send pics. on this box. Sure make things alot easier when you don't know what your doing. I'm going to need you to step me through painting, mixing and preping. First things first, I gotta get her belly-up. Trying to get the second cherry picker this evening.

IMPATIENT 1
    Hi my friend. Did Rob contact ya about the ski-step? The tires are the easiest to get. one tire high is enough, then I guess you can climb all over it without worrying about it falling
    HEY GARY, YEP I LIKE THE TIRES OR MAT WAY OF DOIN IT. I'M STILL PRETTY YOUNG (30YRS) AND IT'S HELL CLIMBING UP ONTO A HULL ,ESPECIALLY WHEN SANDING. AND YES, IF YOUR DRINKING AND SANDING IT'S A SHORT FALL,LOL.

IMPATIENT 1
    I've got someone coming over to show me how to send pics. on this box. Sure make things alot easier when you don't know what your doing. I'm going to need you to step me through painting, mixing and preping. First things first, I gotta get her belly-up. Trying to get the second cherry picker this evening.
    GOT OUR NEW 6.5MEG CAMERA AND DOCK LOADED UP LAST NITE.I'M GOIN TO TAKE PICS THIS EVENING AND EMAIL YA SOME OF MY PUMP SET UP AND STUFF.LOOK FOR IT AROUND 8 TONITE.

SmokinLowriderSS
    Lowrider is atop a short pair of sawhorses in back & a 3-legged sawhorse that I alredy had called a Tridex under the bow deck. My multi-fold ladder does scaffolding duty if I cannot reach to sand from the ground or want to crawl atop. I have an old blanket and an old sleeping bag protecting the top while it is on bottom.

shootingstar72683
    Lowrider is atop a short pair of sawhorses in back & a 3-legged sawhorse that I alredy had called a Tridex under the bow deck. My multi-fold ladder does scaffolding duty if I cannot reach to sand from the ground or want to crawl atop. I have an old blanket and an old sleeping bag protecting the top while it is on bottom.
    I have some old futon mattresses. that's pretty padded. Just gotta get the dog off long enough.