Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Qeustion On Insurance For Cats

catmaster
    Can anyone tell where to insure my 26ft American Offshore and how much will it cost? It has a blown 540/800hp so do you tell them that or that it has a stock 502? I heard this can be a pain in the butt so any info would be greatly appreciated.Thanks!

blown dough
    Contact Shawn here on the boards, InsuranceGod, he does cat insurance for a lot of people on here.

andy01
    Can anyone tell where to insure my 26ft American Offshore and how much will it cost? It has a blown 540/800hp so do you tell them that or that it has a stock 502? I heard this can be a pain in the butt so any info would be greatly appreciated.Thanks!
    If you lie about the HP you will lose in court, hands down. if you have to lie to your insurance carrier to afford the boat then don't buy it, unless of course you don't mind losing the shirt off of your back when/if you kill someone or get in an accident. Insurance companys don't mess around.
    Call Shawn Wilson. He will give you free tickets to your favorite teams games and $500 gas card just for getting a over the phone qoute...........
    Shawn goes by Insurance God or godis here on the boards........ she's real nice to deal with, did my toter home through her company and wouldn't hesitate to use the company again.........
    GOOD LUCK!
    Andy

Dave C
    I would be honest with them as well.
    Now of course I would love to lie to them but only because those rat bastards deserve it... :crossx: other than that I would be honest.
    the policy will invariably contain a provision that makes it void if they find out you lied to them. It gives them grounds to cancel you rather than pay an otherwise legitimate claim. :yuk:

INSman
    I would be honest with them as well.
    Now of course I would love to lie to them but only because those rat bastards deserve it... :crossx: other than that I would be honest.
    the policy will invariably contain a provision that makes it void if they find out you lied to them. It gives them grounds to cancel you rather than pay an otherwise legitimate claim. :yuk:
    virtually EVERY policy has a clause in the contract about "misrepresentation", and you can guess what the impact of that would be in a claims scenario. Read the ENTIRE policy no less than (3) times when you get it to make sure that you understand "Exactly" what you purchased and how your policy works in relation to policyholder obligations ans such.

Patyacht
    Contact Shawn Wilson 714-895-7050

UnionJack
    I have his cell

acatitude
    and its probably not a good idea to post your CI. HP and top speed here then tell them something different... :cry:

catmaster
    thanks for the info guys but what is a ball park figure for a full coverage and a liability policy?

andy01
    Depends on replacment cost.
    $2,500-$4,500 would be a good guess

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast