Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Pro Topline Cylinder Heads

WATERFOUL
    Does anyone have info or experience with their Pro Thunder BBC head? I'm considering a pair right now (320cc runner) to replace my GM "C-Port" set. I have found a fair amount of positive feedback on their small block Chevy and Ford sets but nothing beyond advertising for the Big Block sets. HELP!

I just did an induction kits using these on a set of 557's going into a 32ft AO cat. These were 9 to 1 engine with unported Pro 320's and hyd rollers. Peak torque was at 4400/673#/ft and peak HP was at 5600/634HP on 93 octane. I don't have the numbers yet from the water but should after this weekend.

don johnson
    I have the bigger 360 cc Pro Topline heads on my motors. 572 CI roots blower deals at 11 lbs of boost making just at 1,100 HP each. Been running 2 seasons. No problems with the heads and made great HP.

WannabeRacing
    I do not know of a set of heads that come cleaner out of the box. They are by far, the best looking intake and exhaust ports I have seen. Way better than Dart, and a little better than Brodix. Need NO clean up in the runners to run them.
    They are a strong head and make great power. I really love them. Both in aluminum and cast iron.
    For the price, they will not be beat. And I think they are the best cast iron head made right now.
    Fat Sam has a set on him right now.
    http://www.wannaberacing.com/wrefatsam.jpg

Taylorman
    You have a great web sight.
    This is a sick looking engine
    http://www.wannaberacing.com/wrebannister.jpg

fc-pilot
    Bannister is one ugly piece compared to Jessica. Although it runs pretty dang strong for its size and the cam it currently has. We are going to tear it apart in about a year and give it some more cubes and a different cam. When we do that we will probably polish the outside of the heads, intake and hat. We will also clean up the block and make it look good. So in a round about way you are right, it does look sick. :yuk:
    Paul

Liberator TJ1984
    Mine out of the box to flowbench #'s Int.394cfm Ex.312cfm.
    Don't know a whole lot about heads,#'s ..etc...But engine builder was impressed with overall quality and the flow #'s
    plus they sure are purty

WATERFOUL
    Overall it sounds like a decent head. I was concerned with the quality of the final machine work due to reports of quality control issues with some early sets. The set I am looking at is new, complete, and from a reputable shop so I think I might go ahead and pull the trigger. Wish me luck!
    Thank you all for your willingness to share your experiences and opinions. Mike

Liberator TJ1984
    You are able to look at them ?? might wanna take the intake along with you next time and see how the ports line up ....I think the issue with the castings was in the matchup .. :idea:
    as posted earlier ,I am Very Pleased with mine ....Good Luck and have fun with the new toys

fc-pilot
    If I remember the port problem corectly it was an off brand that was doing an old casting of theirs or something. The ones we have line up just fine.
    Paul

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast