Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ok finally ready to convert over

a catered life
    radio has finally pissed me off.......so which system is better sirus or xm .....i like talk radio and am not really a baseball fan..we have four kids so edited music stations is a plus....my main comparisions would be price of unit, price of additional equipment, signal strengh, ability to be installed in multiple cars/boats, and easy of use, adaptable to current stero set up, and any special features...

Sleek-Jet
    Sirius... and not because of Howard (whom I can't stand)... better programing in the music channels... IMHO...
    The equipment is all pretty much the same for Sirius to XM... but Sirius has a synch (or a delay, can't remember which) in the signal so you don't get the stadium affect if two radios are tuned to the same stream.
    Sirius seems to work better in the mountains, since the Sats or on a higher inclination than XM... but I have noticed the signal dropping out under overpasses a little more often than before... could be my antenna is getting old.

doesitfloat?
    sirius

Trailer Park Casanova
    Sirius, and consider getting all your rides and floats done in one bid.

sam pioske
    Have a half dozen G M cars so have X M, but in boats and motorhomes have Sirius, like the Sirius a little better. No Commericals on Sirius !

racecar.hotshoe
    I have XM in the boat and all my trucks I like it I have had no problems.I will not talk bad about Sirius because I have never had one so I dont know.

BadKachina
    Sirius.
    I like the rock stations better, Howard Stern and the NFL.

RitcheyRch
    I have XM and no complaints.

Ziggy
    Sirius is the one I prefer for the available programming.
    Each of the two car brands I sell have Sirius(BMW) or XM(Saab)...........on average I'd say we get 10 sirius subscribers vs. 1 XM.

JB in so cal
    Rent an Avis car equipped with XM or a Hertz car with Sirius. If you're in no hurry to make a decision, spend a couple days with both and make your own decision.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast