Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: wtf??????????

Blown 472
    If you have never lost to an import, then you haven't raced anyone fast. Trust me, I like the muscle cars too, but those ricers are fast.

HammerDown
    There still Rice. My neighbors muffler is bigger than his valve cover, and the overly large wing on the back also cracks me up...to funny...and when I fire up my BBC in the Boat...the kid says "Wow that sounds like a Car Motor". He has no idea what V-8 is or a Muscle Car from the past.
    To each there own but, I'll take a 70's Muscle Car over that JapCrap anyday.

Starloans
    I have a question?
    Do those fart mufflers really make the rice burners go faster? eek!
    A lot of them seem to be making a lot of noise but not really going anywhere. smile_sp
    And what's with the seats? Do they drop those down too? Sometimes I can't tell if there is anyone is the car.
    I'm sure they get better MPG than my 8.1, but I would rather listen to a BBC anyday.

HavasuDreamin'
    HammerDown:
    I'll take a 70's Muscle Car over that JapCrap anyday. You mean a 60's muscle car. wink

Racing Ray
    I am really laughing on this topic!! My first thoughts go back to the early 50s and my Dad's chopped up and hacked up fenderless 32 Ford. The primered car with all the shiney crap on the motor, blasting out those Fenton headers with no mufflers. I can just imagine what people were thinking about him much less saying about his ride.
    Then I remember that kid back in the 60's that saved up $200.00 to buy that 56 Chevy he had been dreaming about most of his short life. First thing on his agenda was putting on a 4 barrel and glasspacs, painting a cherry turquoise and white original paint job over in grey primer because it looked more like a hot rod. Taking out the Glide because it was way more cool to be banging gears. Wonder what people were saying about me?
    We continue to evolve, the kids today work with what they have. Those 60's and early 70's muscle are getting hard to come by and if any of you have checked prices quite expensive. Having been there done that I can respect the fact that they are working hard to improve what they have. We all really owe them a thanks for picking up the torch and leading us into the 21st century. Quite a bit of the knowledge being passed on from ricers today is continually improving our rides for the future.
    Oh yeah I see that kid pull up along side me with a $500.00 muffler and $300.00 Eurolites on the tailend and I laugh to myself. Then I remember.....................

OMEGA_BUBBLE_JET
    well all I can say is the General ain't dead yet. I had a 1996 trans am up until recently which happened to hand every rice burner his ass to him. On the street that is. Those little 4 bangers can make good Hp but they can never match a V-8 on low end torque. Let's not forget that up until last year GM was making factory 13 second f-bodies. And that the corvette Z06 will run also. And for what these kids put into these jap crap economy cars to try and make them perform they could buy a 94+ f-body and start way ahead of the game. I always did find it fun smoking them on Friday nights. They sound like pissed off bumble bees. I did have a toyota supra show me something one night. But then look at the price tag.
    Omega

cyclone
    love them or hate them but the rice-builders are the hot rodders of the future. They aren't doing anything different that the kids of the 60's, 70's and 80s. They are working with what's cheap and available and that happens to be import cars. I'm not in love with the style in which they build their cars, but i totally respect that they are making cars powered by sub- 2.0 liter motors run 9 second quarter mile times. The technology is pretty impressive. Its true that nothing can replace the sound of a v-8 engine but kids today can't afford to buy most muscle cars because of the prices they command. Things change and you have to accept it or sit on the sidelines while everyone else has all the fun. Oh by the way, before i get flamed, you have to know that I've got a 67' Chevy shortbed dropped on a set of 22's and powered by a 502BBC with 411's out back.

Blown 472
    2 liters that run 9's in a street car?? hummm never seen one of those. It might do it in a tube chassis car with nos or turbos, but then if you are going to build a tube chassis car why not just buy a crate and save on the maint. time and money on a rice motor???

Racing Ray
    Omega
    The General isn't dead but sadly he is dying. I happen to own one of those F Bodies you are talking about. As you must know the F body line has been discontinued. My 2002 SS Camaro is build #9878 out of 11,141 built for the last year. I had most of the SLP options added 345HP, Bilstein shocks, Eibach springs, CME. I paid over $32,000 for mine and a Z06, Oh yeah I looked but the asking price of close to 60 was in my book just not worth it.
    The LT4 equipped 94's can be made to run but again don't fool yourself that a few cheap mods will turn it into a screamer. My LS1 actually because GM was running out of parts I got lucky and ended up with an LS6 block (vented to relieve block pressure) Has had it's ass handed to it a few times by rice burners sporting twin turbo's. Oh yeah I can add a Procharger and give them a run but at what price? A couple of thousand more for head work and Procharger, inner cooler another 8 G's. A lot of these kids don't have $40,000 tied up in some very fast ricers.

78Eliminator
    Starloans:
    Do those fart mufflers really make the rice burners go faster?The only time super wide 3" exhaust systems are called for is in turbo applications where exhaust scavaging through exhaust vacuum is not needed (the turbo does it all). Otherwise, it just hinders exhaust scavaging and makes the charge less dense.
    [ July 01, 2003, 09:19 AM: Message edited by: 78Eliminator ]

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast