Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Aftermarket oil pan question

1968Droptop
    The remark about it being more than my boat is worth is the truth but only because my old wreck aint worth much. Droppy knows.
    Your KILLEN me with the old wreck comments. DON'T listen to him, that is one
    very very beautiful boat (and it does more than the 50 mph he claims!).
    As for the oil pan info, THANKS !!!!!!!1 I'll take some measurements and see what I can fit in there. Biggest hurdle is I don't have the engine yet. It'll be 10 weeks or so before I see it. I'm guessing I'm the only guy putting a Ford into a Daytona ???

Ken F
    Chris, I just ordered an Armando's pan for my 460 (502) in a Cheyenne.
    Should have it in about a week If you aren't in a hurry, I'll let you know if it cures my woes.
    Ken F

poncho-pwr
    Do yourself and your engine a favor and get a Stef's pan.

Ken F
    If the Armando's doesn't do it I probably will. From Armando's website:
    http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/F.../guarantee.gif
    http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/F...f/headersm.gif
    I havn't seen any other mfgr. say this.
    Ken F

flat broke
    As for the oil pan info, THANKS !!!!!!!1 I'll take some measurements and see what I can fit in there. Biggest hurdle is I don't have the engine yet. It'll be 10 weeks or so before I see it. I'm guessing I'm the only guy putting a Ford into a Daytona ???
    The pan should be spec'd at the time of the engine build. The reason for this is because the oil pump pikcup should be welded or brazed onto the oil pump housing (while it's appart for blueprinting) for marine use. Most all of the pan's we're talking about here have custom pickups and as such, you'd need to have the pan before everything is setup. If you have the mounting hardware for the motor, find a donor block and mock it up. Then you can measure how much clearance you have while time is ticking away on your build. Once you know your clearance/dimensions, I know Armandos and Stefs can do a one off for you if need be.
    Good luck with it, but start paying attention to details from here on in, or you could end up buying stuff 2x, compromising, or waiting even longer to get to the end of the road.
    Chris

SmokinLowriderSS
    Good luck with it, but start paying attention to details from here on in, or you could end up buying stuff 2x, compromising, or waiting even longer to get to the end of the road.
    Chris
    Man, isn't THAT the truth. I've been fortunate. I've seen others who were not so fortunate. :yuk:

Your KILLEN me with the old wreck comments. DON'T listen to him, that is one
    very very beautiful boat (and it does more than the 50 mph he claims!).
    You drinking again Droppy? I thought you swore off that stuff...

1968Droptop
    You drinking again Droppy? I thought you swore off that stuff...
    Me drink.....never LOL ! Only swearing going on here is when I read about your "wreck".
    Thanks guys for sharing your info. I'll be taking some measurements BEFORE I order anything.

wet77
    Have a 10q Milodon pan in my 21' daytona and it works great!
    I only put in 9 quarts though after checking how the oil sits in the pan.

JETBOY03
    i have a bare block you can use for mock up.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast