Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 509 Bbc Merlin Ii Dart Eagle Msd Nx Pro 1

sdba069
    509 BBC MERLIN II DART EAGLE MSD NX PRO 1
    THIS IS THE MOTOR THAT CAME OUT OF FILUCKY'S 17' EARL SMITH. IT MAKES AROUND 800 ON MOTOR. RAN A BEST OF 9.29 AT 113 WITH A 4 SECOND SPRAY AT 200 OR 300 HP, DON'T REMEMBER. THAT WAS DELAYING THE NITROUS 2 SECONDS OFF THE STARTING LINE THEN SPRAYING FOR 4 SECONDS, ALL ON DELAYS AND TIMERS. THIS AS A VERY SOLID, RELIABLE ENGINE AND HAS NEVER BEEN HURT.
    $7,000.00 MOTOR IS WORTH MORE THAN TWICE THAT!!!
    THE ENGINE IS A 509 CUBIC INCH BIG BLOCK CHEVY. WE USED NOTHING BUT THE BEST PIECES WHEN ASSEMBLING THIS MOTOR. MACHINE WORK WAS DONE BY HANS FEUSTAL RACING ENGINES AND HEADS WERE DONE BY YELVY RACING HEADS,
    10.200 MERLIN II BLOCK
    SCAT 4340 4" STROKE CRANK
    SCAT 4340 H BEAM RODS .400 LONG
    BALANCED
    VENOLIA PISTONS
    YELVY PREPPED DART 345 PRO 1 HEADS
    LUNATI CAM.. NOS APPLICATION...114 LOBE SEPARATION AROUND .770 LIFT..
    ALL ROLLER VALVE TRAIN
    STUD GIRDLES
    COMP CAMS BELT DRIVE
    DOOLEY 10 QT. PAN
    PRO RACE SFI BALANCER
    SFI FLEX PLATE
    COMPRESSION IS ABOUT 13.75 TO 1
    MILODON TALL VALVE COVERS
    DART INTAKE
    CARB SHOP 1200 CFM DOMINATOR CARB
    NITROUS EXPRESS SHARK DIRECT PORT FOGGER SYSTEM WITH RAIL UPGRADE 200-600 HP
    TILTON SUPER STARTER
    MSD CRANK TRIGGER
    MSD PRO POWER COIL
    DOES NOT INCLUDE THE DISTRIBUTOR AND WIRES
    THE MOTOR HAS 2 SEASONS ON IT AND I WOULD RECOMMEND A FRESHEN UP. IT HASN'T BEEN STARTED IN OVER A YEAR AND WOULD NEED TO ADJUST VALVES AND POSSIBLY FRESHEN CARB TO START IT. MOTOR WAS WINTERIZED AND PICKLED WHEN PUT UP. I WILL FRESHEN THE MOTOR FOR $1500 IF NEEDED. CONTACT ME FOR INFO ON FRESHEN UP. IF ANY QUESTIONS, CALL ME, GARRY SNOW, AT 254-889-3336 OR EMAIL ME AT snowman069@hotmail.com
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...09_BBC0001.jpg

Brazos River Rat
    Garry:
    When you say freshen up, What all is that including .
    Also: How fast will that push the Cole TR 4 .???
    I think you told me it would run on 60 % 110 race fuel and 40% 93 octane pump gas ..
    You are getting closer to the money thay I have ..
    I would have to swap out the timing belt so I could use my cam driven water pump ..
    Let me know..

sdba069
    Hey Billy............ Freshen would include springs, locks, comp valve job, rings, bearings, oil pump, carb, and anything else that may need done. Block would be plate honed. You can get an adapter that allows you to run the cam drive pump. or you can do a belt drive out of it. The 60/40 fuel mix would probably be fine for cruising and a little hot rodding, but if you were spraying it hard, I'd probably sweeten the 110 portion. Bring a wad of money and come get it.

Brazos River Rat
    I am getting close to having enough money ..You know me>> CASH ONLY .... I will talk to at Plowman ..
    How fast in the COLE TR-4 ???

sdba069
    It will run as fast as you'll want to run. Probably in the 110 to 120 range, just according to how hard you want to squeeze it. Maybe more with the big jets.

sdba069
    That 113 in the 1/4 in the jet boat was not on the nitrous through the speed trap. Probably killed 5 to 8 mph. It has potential to haul ass in my old flat.

mach1alaska
    Killer engine, I wish I had the coin right now it would go great in my Wilder tunnel.

sdba069
    Thanks...... That blower deal you were talking about ought to be killer.

mach1alaska
    You are right, This winter I am going to build the 535 BBC with an 871 blower for the tunnel. I would consider nitrous but the closest place that refills nitrous is 250 miles away.

Brazos River Rat
    I still want a blower motor, butt this is closer to the dollars that I want to spend .. We will talk the weekend of Plowman ..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast