Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Max Fuel psi???

HammerDown
    Whats the safe max Fuel psi I can run without needing a regulator? I'm thinking 8 lbs.
    Looking at a new Holly Mech pump...I belive it said between 7-9 psi.
    [ May 11, 2003, 02:05 PM: Message edited by: HammerDown ]

wsuwrhr
    7-9 is max as long as you aren't running the Baja 1000 bouncing up and down. haha. I run all mine at 7-8. Mechanical pump should be ok without a reg, but why do you want to do that?
    Brian
    [ May 11, 2003, 03:41 PM: Message edited by: wsuwrhr ]

HammerDown
    wsuwrhr:
    7-9 is max as long as you aren't running the Baja 1000 bouncing up and down. haha. I run all mine at 7-8. Mechanical pump should be ok without a reg, but why do you want to do that?
    Brian Don't really want to plum in a regulator. And a friend has a new Holley Mech pump for me...7-9 psi, If I want it.

Fiat48
    Holley makes more than one mechanical pump. One requires a regulator. Be sure of which one you are getting for if you try to run the one without a regulator, it will knock the needles and seats right off and flood the motor. Regulators have improved and are not as restrictive as they once were.

Hotcrusader76
    HammerDown:
    Whats the safe max Fuel psi I can run without needing a regulator? I'm thinking 8 lbs.
    Looking at a new Holly Mech pump...I belive it said between 7-9 psi. That is correct, 7-9PSI. Anything more an the needle mechanism will not shut and you'll end up over-filling the bowls.
    ~Ty

GofastRacer
    HammerDown:
    Looking at a new Holly Mech pump...I belive it said between 7-9 psi. Personally, I wouldn't go over 8lbs, if you don't want to run a regulator, you can always use a bypass set at 8lbs "AFTER" the carbs!..

Fiat48
    GofastRacer:
    HammerDown:
    Looking at a new Holly Mech pump...I belive it said between 7-9 psi. Personally, I wouldn't go over 8lbs, if you don't want to run a regulator, you can always use a bypass set at 8lbs "AFTER" the carbs!.. Forgot about doing that. That gets rid of the regulator restriction and was a sweet deal when we used to run carbs. Never had a flooding problem. Best idea.

GofastRacer
    Yeppp!..

Fiat48
    Been away from carbs a long time. But when I used to run pro gas flat, I did some testing with a Holley 110 pump and a regulator. The regulator caused the actual free flow fuel delivery to be cut down to 55 GPH. Plus the cheap little Holley regulators would stick and flood the engine, usually at the starting line. The bypass system solved the problem and got the fuel delivery back to what we wanted. When we went to injection, we never went back to carbs.

HammerDown
    Educate me about the Bypass "after the Carb"...I'm lost on that one.
    Thanks

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast