Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: IHBA RULE CHANGE: Bilge Pumps Required

steelcomp
    Hey Smokin' ... Kansas Guy (Jay Hawker) ... 'Red Legger' Here,
    Yepper, 'Twain' means Two (2) ... Two Fathoms ... The Minimum draft required at the time for a River Boat ... 12 feet bottom clearance (a Fathom being 6 feet ... 2 arm spans pulling up a knotted line on the bow of a paddle wheeler).
    Some things should not be forgotten ... Thanks.Yeah, way to go Smokin. I musta' had it all wrong.

77charger
    A Hydro is flat between the stringers. It would take alot of water in there for the bilge pump to work. By that time I would think you were done! One more thing I don't need in there and more wiring! :cry:
    Where did you find this rule change? It is not on their site!
    Niel mike (the head tech guy) posted it in the tech section on dragboatracing.com site.And yes on flat the bilge can work :boxed: placement is the key not always to the very rear

UBFJ #454
    Scott -
    You weren't that far off ... 'Mark' on Riverboats did mean 'Mark The Twine' ... a command from the Captain to the Bowman to bottom sound using a fathom knotted piece of twine ... 'River Speak' became 'Mark The Twain' ... Mark the 'Two' as One Fathom wasn't enough for Keel Clearance.
    just history ...

steelcomp
    Scott -
    You weren't that far off ... 'Mark' on Riverboats did mean 'Mark The Twine' ... a command from the Captain to the Bowman to bottom sound using a fathom knotted piece of twine ... 'River Speak' became 'Mark The Twain' ... Mark the 'Two' as One Fathom wasn't enough for Keel Clearance.
    just history ...
    Thanks Jak
    Back to the topic on hand...what brought about the rule change requiring the bilge pumps?

Thanks Jak
    Back to the topic on hand...what brought about the rule change requiring the bilge pumps?
    Probably the guy who almost sank his flatty on the rope @ BayFair........I have the picture somewhere. I dont know if he didnt have one or if his was just broken but all it did was cause another delay.
    F.J.

bp
    Probably the guy who almost sank his flatty on the rope @ BayFair........I have the picture somewhere. I dont know if he didnt have one or if his was just broken but all it did was cause another delay.
    F.J.
    there've been a couple others; mike doll almost sinking his at chow comes to mind. but i would think the rule has more to do with the capsule boats that slowly fill up on their way to the rope, then sink with just a little backwash. same thing happened to an alky boat in oregon in july. it's not the "almost sunks" that are bothersome, it's the one's that have no clue until the sponsons are sticking straight up out of the water.
    neil, just do it hate to see ya miss a gambler round with a boat full of water...

pce680
    This rule is not in the rulebook or on the IHBA website.A post buried on another website is really not getting the word out.

UBFJ #454
    This rule is not in the rulebook or on the IHBA website.A post buried on another website is really not getting the word out.
    No Matter ... Its Still A New Rule ... Show up without one and you don't Race.
    For those of you interested in the original post by the head of IHBA Tech (Mike Isham) here's the link:
    http://dragboatracing.com/default.as...&dnbbc=default

bp
    whattya wanna bet it'll be on the website before november 16?

pce680
    I bet someone will be selling bilge pumps at Firebird.
    What gph rating do you need ?
    Does it have to be automatic or can you run a switch ?
    I like the Rule Pump cause its Red,White and Blue.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast