Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: complete turn key twin turbo charger system

badbug
    I have a complete twin turbocharger setup with twin carburetors for sale. Will make easy 1000 hp. Works flawlessly. I am upgrading to efi twin turbo and need the efi twin turbo setup which is different than the carb setup .. Main difference is ability to make 1500 horsepower. My system is totally water jacketed by Gentry. No heat produced under hatch. 318-687-9088 m-f 8-5

puder
    how much are you looking to get for that?

badbug
    two like new turbonetics 60-1 turbos,two low profile race aero exhaust manifolds,two perfect dyno 830 carbs with linkage,two carb boxes,gentry intercooler,mechanical cam driven aircraft fuel pump with cover mount assy,all boost referenced steel braided lines, all braided water lines,waste gates,water jacketed exhaust turbine housings,all brackets and fuel lines and fuel block,I mean complete bolt on assy.$8500

hack job
    hey badbug iam looking to go witha turbo set up my self but i need your opion on how to plump the oil return lines out of the turbos now i have read that this should be done in to the pan but would it hurt to plumb it in to the manifold in to the valley? i was wondering how yours was done? any help would be great. thanks

superdave013
    Mine are going to the pan with -12 lines.
    I have seen some going to the valve covers. That would be quick and easy. But going to the covers or valley would just make more oil draining down on your rotating assy.

hack job
    dave,
    i was wondering how did you plumb them in the pan did you weld a bung on to the pan or did you jsut use a "AN" fitting. throught the pan witha nut on the back to hold it down and you ran one line form each turbo right> thanks for all of your help

Slick
    Originally posted by hack job:
    did you weld a bung on to the pan
    He said "BUNG"!!!!

superdave013
    Originally posted by hack job:
    dave,
    i was wondering how did you plumb them in the pan did you weld a bung on to the pan or did you jsut use a "AN" fitting. throught the pan witha nut on the back to hold it down and you ran one line form each turbo right> thanks for all of your help
    The engine that came in the boat had two AN fittings with the nut on the back. For the engine that I'm building now I welded some -12 steel bungs on the pan. I placed them slightly lower than the windage tray on each side.

schiada96
    I learned the hard way about turbo drains. Use a big line and make sure the line has a good straigt drop for awhile after the turbo. When I first finished my boat and ran the motor for the first time everything was fine for the first couple of minutes then it was smoke city, it scarred the crap out of me. Then I found out the -6 return line was way too small. duh -10 or -12 is great.

hack job
    Originally posted by superdave013:
    The engine that came in the boat had two AN fittings with the nut on the back. For the engine that I'm building now I welded some -12 steel bungs on the pan. I placed them slightly lower than the windage tray on each side.
    thanks for all of your help iam still thinking about running it through the in take ill have to think long and hard!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast