Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: any one have a sanger runner bottom set up for circle racing?

dmontzsta
    All the circle boats I have looked at have a centered rudder. From what I have been told, the only reason they were offset was for easy removal of the prop shaft. My rudder is actually offset, but I am going to have it centered.
    The only runnerbottom circle boat I know of, was Guru's old boat.
    Jerry, you have the video up still?

flattie
    thanks for the info. So what would I have to do to the casale in order to drive off of the balancer? diffrent gears? diffrent prop? What else? Would I have to have the whirlaway changed also?

dmontzsta
    thanks for the info. So what would I have to do to the casale in order to drive off of the balancer? diffrent gears? diffrent prop? What else? Would I have to have the whirlaway changed also?
    Actually, you can run the same gears. You will need a different prop RH. You will also have to change the dogs and whirlaway. Then buy a coupling for the balancer, solid driveshaft and a coupling for the v-drive to attach the driveshaft.

flattie
    Will I notice a differance in the cornering if I change it

VDRIVERACING
    The RH rotation will help drive you through the turns. With a lot of time and money you may be able to prove a point, but the consensus seems to be that the runner bottom was designed to go straight and pack air under the hull. You might check out the Super Stock or Pro Stock circling racer web sites for contacts that have the actual experience and may know what they are talking about, wheras I just like to type a lot...

V-DRIVE VIDEO
    Will I notice a differance in the cornering if I change it
    The rt rotation propeller helps you turn left better. As far as the runnerbottom goes, it may not be a Biesemeyer but those old Hobbit boats got around the race course pretty damn fast and won many a race...
    VDRIVERACING offered sound advise...
    Larry Dalhoff has one of these old Hobbit circle race boats, he brought it to the last Irvine lake outing.

VDRIVERACING
    The rt rotation propeller helps you turn left better. As far as the runnerbottom goes, it may not be a Biesemeyer but those old Hobbit boats got around the race course pretty damn fast and won many a race...
    VDRIVERACING offered sound advise...
    Larry Dalhoff has one of these old Hobbit circle race boats, he brought it to the last Irvine lake outing.
    Larry's phone number is 760-665-5036 Good luck on your project!

flattie
    Thanks for the # I will give him a call

Sanger D
    Sanger Jack sponsored Chuck Boyds Hobbit team for 7 years. There were many others as well.
    http://www.v-drivevideo.com/jerrysga...nner%20003.jpg................ .........Ive got pics of me riding and sitting in that boat with Bob when Iwas 9 er 10 years old.prettycool back in those days!!!! :rollside:

63stevens
    My brother has an 80 Sanger circle runner powered by a small block. Even though the engine is in the wrong way (running off the flywheel) if you are not paying attention when he turns left you could get wet.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast