Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Canon Camera Question

Her454
    Looking into purchasing either the EOS 5D or the newer Rebel XTI. I love my old Rebel 35mm and have a Canon Digi now so I'd like to stay with Canon.
    Anyone have any complaints or advice with either of these models?

Magic34
    We got the Canon Digital Rebel XT as a Christmas present for each other last year.
    It's only the coolest camera I have ever owned.
    Forensic
    I got the same one. I dont know how to do all the pro stuff yet, but the pictures that I have taken have been really good. Best camera I have ever had. Now I just need a 85 lens and a 300 lens.

Nordic35Flame
    The 5D is a great camera, but kind of a lot of camera for the home user. I use a 30D everyday for work, but I am a photographer. I recommend getting the new Rebel XT or XTi, they are both very user friendly, and much easier to learn how to use. Just my 2 cents :rollside:

Sleek-Jet
    Are the older lenses compatible with the newer camera's??
    I've got an AE-1program that has about 5 grand worth of telephoto and panorama lenses. Will the new camera's accept the bayonet lenses???

Water Romper
    Sleek,
    I think your outa luck regarding the lenses being interchangeable. As far as I know, the new digitals attach their lenses a different way…but don’t go selling the SLR stuff yet, wait until you get a firm confirmation regarding the lens issue…
    With that being said, if you’re ready to sell your Canon AE-1, F-1 equipment, shoot me a PM and let’s talk.

77charger
    If you love the canon 35mm you'll love the canon dig slrs wheter its the xti,5d,20d,30d,etc.
    I have the older digital rebel 6.3 pixel had for almost 2 years and have no complaints pic quality is very good.
    I would opt for the xti since they are runnin lowere on the price right now then get an L series lens vs the 5d and a regular lens.

phebus
    I was told that the Canon EF lenses would work with the digital Rebels, and I have a Canon Zoom Lens EF !00-300mm 1:4.5-5.6, and a Canon Zoom Lens EF 35-105mm 1:4.5-5.6 that I would sell real cheap if anyone could use them with their new cameras.

Sleek-Jet
    Sleek,
    I think your outa luck regarding the lenses being interchangeable. As far as I know, the new digitals attach their lenses a different way…but don’t go selling the SLR stuff yet, wait until you get a firm confirmation regarding the lens issue…
    With that being said, if you’re ready to sell your Canon AE-1, F-1 equipment, shoot me a PM and let’s talk.
    As long as they still make film, I'll keep my 35mm SLR... but it sure would be nice not to have to replace those lenses when I get a digi-SLR...

Dan Lorenze
    I bought my wife the Digital Rebel XT. Great camera for the price...

BshyBvrGirl
    I had purchased a Nikon D70 for a friend based on the fact that the lenses were interchangeable with his current equipment. It shouldn't be a problem, especially if the equipment stays in the same brand family.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast