Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Killin V-Drives with Jet Drives

Jungle Boy
    What are all you jet boaters doing over here? Pickin' fights, right on. Anyone who points there motor the wrong way can't be normal.

GasTurbine
    Originally posted by Jungle Boy:
    What are all you jet boaters doing over here? Pickin' fights, right on. Anyone who points there motor the wrong way can't be normal.
    My "jet boat" has a v-drive in it...thats what Im doing here. http://free.***boat.net/ubb/smile.gif

superdave013
    Gas, Keep posting here man. Anyone who can even think of something as crazy as that gets mad props from me! Your engine is not backwards and your still not normal! I still can't get over that baot. I would love to see it run but don't know if I'ed be stepping up for a ride. Just tell me that you do wear a lifeline type of lifejacket when driving it.

Bad Ass Flat
    Gas Turbine, I thinks your balls have to ride shot gun

DetroitJim
    Hey GasTurbine:
    I found a pic of your boat on the net a long time ago and put it up on the wall of my office for inspiration!! Haven't been able to find it since. Hey, there is still one more Michigan Hot Boat Association meet on Sept. 22 and 23 at Wampler's Lake, Irish hills area near Brooklyn, Mi. Bring that boat up here! You should join our club, we run with the Indiana gang at the Coldwater drags and some Ohio guys come up to our meets.
    See ya
    DetroitJim

superdave013
    DetroitJim, What are the Coldwater drags like? I grew up in that area (Lake James,IN) but moved to Calif years ago. I'm glad to hear that the hot boat sceen is growing back there.

GasTurbine
    Originally posted by superdave013:
    Gas, Keep posting here man. Anyone who can even think of something as crazy as that gets mad props from me! Your engine is not backwards and your still not normal! I still can't get over that baot. I would love to see it run but don't know if I'ed be stepping up for a ride. Just tell me that you do wear a lifeline type of lifejacket when driving it.
    Thanks Dave.
    On the first day, we took our time running it up. We had 150mph rated jackets, orange helmets, dead-man teather on each of us, a chase boat (my 19' Cheetha 430hp/Berkley jet), and a 60' line with a bouy on the end of it, tied to the boat (in case we fliped, we would know where to salvage it).
    That day we eventually made 130mph. Now after 2 years, the boat has proved to be very stable and reliable, we keep the jackets handy, eye goggles, still use the dead-man, and wear helicoptor issue noise-canceling communication head-sets.
    As for the ride...let me know when your around central Ohio. http://free.***boat.net/ubb/smile.gif

superdave013
    That's wild. I am from Indiana so I just might have to make a special trip back just to see your boat run. I have my own Lifeline chute jacket and would be sure to bring it!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123