Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Killin V-Drives with Jet Drives

rivercrazy
    I got a 35' single engine jet drive with a ZZZZ impeller, and Briggs and Stratton 3.5hp motor with NOS (.75 hp kit). It does 187mph and goes through the 1/4 in 6.75sec at 134mph.
    I bet this rig will blow any V-Drive out of water.
    Oh, I've been inhaling too much NOS while doing beer bongs again. Guess I'm tellin tall tales again. hehe

126driver
    All jet boats go 100 MPH, don't they? Hey! Pass that beer bong.
    Scott
    [This message has been edited by 126driver (edited July 20, 2001).]

126driver
    Stupid smiley-face-thingy. Gotta remember to change it when posting.

rivercrazy
    100km is the correct speed (50-55 mph) Inverted to MPH with the correct quantity of beer or equivalent.

superdave013
    rivercrazy, haha, you made it here! whoo hoo! Now you know why I post at the jet board from time to time. Any way, I got a 42' v-drive with a -10% gear and a 250" pitch prop & an old worn out weed wacker engine on nitro. (engine came off the kids go ped) You better ru and hide when you see me coming down the river! hahaha

rivercrazy
    LOL!!!!
    Lets race and make a really large bet!

HAVNAFIT
    jet guys wont help me so I will try you all.if I want to convert from jet to v do i just take my pump off and run a GO-DEVIL? or do i run the propellor off of a beanie cap...

RiverToysJas
    Remember Miss Bubweiser is a Jet Boat and it goes 200mph!!!
    Well.....it's not really a jet boat, but has a jet engine and that's kinda the same thing!
    http://www.goldenplasma.f2s.com/foru...es/happy25.gif

126driver
    OK H, first of all you gotta take that upside down sunvisor off of yer head. Good. Now take that pump off and hook it back up to the irrigation system where it belongs. Plywood and wood screws (buy at Lowes) should fix that transom hole just fine. A little bit of bathtub caulk should keep you afloat. C'mon. The wife will never part with the Go-Devil, and beanie caps are only suitable for bar-wear. The drag flattie guys are gonna insist that your motor is in backwards. Consider the source.
    From there, it's all up to your creativity. GMC driveshaft hooked to a C-500, run the circle saw through the bottom of your boat at an angle (any 'ole angle is just fine) and find a prop shaft at the nearest Parker salvage yard. The old "roll the pool q-stick on the table" trick will let you know if it's a good shaft. Don't be alarmed at the price, v-drive stuff is spendy. Any decent v-drive guy will tell you that it's all props, gears and setup. The trick here is to remember that bigger is better (the girls will attest to that). Find the biggest bronze 3-blade prop that you can and it should handle the HP of that 100 mph jet boat motor just fine. An added advantage of brass is that it hammers pretty straight after the frequent beaching. After that, it's all a matter of fine-tuning. I suggest that you wear beer-goggles. I am.
    Have fun and keep us posted.
    Scott

SCOTT
    Originally posted by 126driver:
    All jet boats go 100 MPH, don't they? Hey! Pass that beer bong.
    Scott
    Mine does! How fast is your boat?-DONT LIE!
    [This message has been edited by 126driver (edited July 20, 2001).]

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast