What a great day!!! (For some it spanned the whole weekend). Things started rolling on Friday when the Norcals made it in, Saturday night the BS meter went off scale when the Idahoans showed up, Sunday was mellow and a great time was had by all as slightly more than 200 people showed up to watch Jerry's latest labor of love. (My wife was amazed that even after 3 hours everybody was still intently watching the action on the screen )
Thanks for the props everyone, it was well worth the time I put in to make this event happen. From all measureable points it was an overwhelming success. The only time I stressed was Friday morning when the theater systems engineer hadn't returned any of my calls yet and I still wasn't sure how everything was going to hook up. Fortunately he called, he, Jerry and I met at the theater Friday afternoon, got everything set up and squared away with just a few glitches to take care of and then everything went off without a hitch.
I want to give thanks to my family especially for their help and support leading up to this event and especially on Sunday. My brother Scott(Eraser), who just ran around helping and doing whatever I asked him to(probably the only time in our lives that that has ever happened). Our mom, Opal, who helped manage the last minute ticket dispersment. My daughters Katelin and Stephanie who collected tickets, stamped hands and took pictures. And a special thanks to my wife Irmgart, who did some of all of those things and was my right hand person throughout the day ( and took the projector back on Monday)
I think most of all a thanks to Jerry for creating this movie for all of us to enjoy over and over ( I watched the 2nd disc again last night). Thanks to everyone who bought tickets and came out to support and party. My expenses were easily covered and enough left over so that Jerry will receive several bennies to help motivate him to continue to document our endeavors. (I tried to get him to commit to making us wait no longer than 2 years instead of 3 for the next one , but of course he wouldn't guarantee anything)
My only regret was that I didn't have any time to talk at length with my v-drive "family" members, to meet more of you face to face, and strengthen connections with those of you I know. However, I did get to do the most important thing and that was watch the entire movie for the first time, on the big screen . So many people thanked me personally that day, It is great to be involved in a passion/ hobby with so many quality people.
Thanks again everyone for your involvement and I CAN'T WAIT TO DO IT AGAIN!!!!! Greg