Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thank You!!!!!!!!!!

Sangerboy
    What a great day!!! (For some it spanned the whole weekend). Things started rolling on Friday when the Norcals made it in, Saturday night the BS meter went off scale when the Idahoans showed up, Sunday was mellow and a great time was had by all as slightly more than 200 people showed up to watch Jerry's latest labor of love. (My wife was amazed that even after 3 hours everybody was still intently watching the action on the screen )
    Thanks for the props everyone, it was well worth the time I put in to make this event happen. From all measureable points it was an overwhelming success. The only time I stressed was Friday morning when the theater systems engineer hadn't returned any of my calls yet and I still wasn't sure how everything was going to hook up. Fortunately he called, he, Jerry and I met at the theater Friday afternoon, got everything set up and squared away with just a few glitches to take care of and then everything went off without a hitch.
    I want to give thanks to my family especially for their help and support leading up to this event and especially on Sunday. My brother Scott(Eraser), who just ran around helping and doing whatever I asked him to(probably the only time in our lives that that has ever happened). Our mom, Opal, who helped manage the last minute ticket dispersment. My daughters Katelin and Stephanie who collected tickets, stamped hands and took pictures. And a special thanks to my wife Irmgart, who did some of all of those things and was my right hand person throughout the day ( and took the projector back on Monday)
    I think most of all a thanks to Jerry for creating this movie for all of us to enjoy over and over ( I watched the 2nd disc again last night). Thanks to everyone who bought tickets and came out to support and party. My expenses were easily covered and enough left over so that Jerry will receive several bennies to help motivate him to continue to document our endeavors. (I tried to get him to commit to making us wait no longer than 2 years instead of 3 for the next one , but of course he wouldn't guarantee anything)
    My only regret was that I didn't have any time to talk at length with my v-drive "family" members, to meet more of you face to face, and strengthen connections with those of you I know. However, I did get to do the most important thing and that was watch the entire movie for the first time, on the big screen . So many people thanked me personally that day, It is great to be involved in a passion/ hobby with so many quality people.
    Thanks again everyone for your involvement and I CAN'T WAIT TO DO IT AGAIN!!!!! Greg

BILLY.B
    NO....Thank you. You took control of this deal and made it happen. Great job. But I think you were exaggerating when you said that Eraser was running around. More like a strool. :rollside:

vdriver4ever
    Thanks Greg!
    It was really fun... What do you mean about the BS meter when the Idaho group showed up?

BILLY.B
    Thanks Greg!
    It was really fun... What do you mean about the BS meter when the Idaho group showed up? I think he's talking about the noise level when I told you that those custom fenders you had made wouldn't work for the Norskog trailer. On that topic, I did find a cattle farmer down here that said he'd take them off your hands for a cheap price....

vdriver4ever
    That's cruel Billy B... I was so proud of myself too... I am on my way to Graingers to see if they want them.
    Pat

BILLY.B
    That's cruel Billy B... I was so proud of myself too... I am on my way to Graingers to see if they want them.
    PatLOL!!!! NICE!!!

dmontzsta
    Thank you!
    I missed Eraser, I didnt see him there.

Rattle Can Lou
    Good Morning Everybody. I see that Brother Lou is already on his watch. Diamond Plate "for that semi- farmer look". That was classic Billy. Lou, I say order the Ellis and be done.
    Greg, what an awsome time for everybody. Ya know what was cool is everybody could come to the deal and not have to worry about what condition their boat was in. Hell, you didnt even have to have a boat. Jerry, It was nice meeting you and BSing on Saturday nite. Next time BIlly and I want to host the deal. Billy told me he would have liked to supply the booze and food out in the parking lot. I would supply the name tags. I would even fill them out if you wanted. Hud said if Billy bought all the food he might even cook up a little something. Dave Sammons said he could supply all the beer that we could drink. This could be huge.
    I think we should do this next year, same place, same time and we know Jerry wont have a movie done yet so why don't we watch "Clambake" or the one with Roman and the "suck my wake boat". I talke to Roman 1 and he said he would bring the boat and put it on display.
    And to my boy Tony. I'm starting to learn a little about you. I need you to understand that I am the king of jokes, both practical and verbal. You pulled a little one on me this weekend and, well let's just say I owe you.
    Had a great time, even though I had a little problem in Carlsbad at the restaraunt. Seems I was deemed unfit for public use. I was hauled to the back of the place and told that my language and bigotry would not be tolerated in their establishment. I have been thrown outa nicer joints than that. You know what I told the owner????
    NICE! undefined

ColeTR2
    Thanks Greg for holding tickets for me!! I didn't get a chance to say hi and I could see that you where busy! great job!

Good Morning Everybody. I see that Brother Lou is already on his watch. Diamond Plate "for that semi- farmer look". That was classic Billy. Lou, I say order the Ellis and be done.
    Greg, what an awsome time for everybody. Ya know what was cool is everybody could come to the deal and not have to worry about what condition their boat was in. Hell, you didnt even have to have a boat. Jerry, It was nice meeting you and BSing on Saturday nite. Next time BIlly and I want to host the deal. Billy told me he would have liked to supply the booze and food out in the parking lot. I would supply the name tags. I would even fill them out if you wanted. Hud said if Billy bought all the food he might even cook up a little something. Dave Sammons said he could supply all the beer that we could drink. This could be huge.
    I think we should do this next year, same place, same time and we know Jerry wont have a movie done yet so why don't we watch "Clambake" or the one with Roman and the "suck my wake boat". I talke to Roman 1 and he said he would bring the boat and put it on display.
    And to my boy Tony. I'm starting to learn a little about you. I need you to understand that I am the king of jokes, both practical and verbal. You pulled a little one on me this weekend and, well let's just say I owe you.
    Had a great time, even though I had a little problem in Carlsbad at the restaraunt. Seems I was deemed unfit for public use. I was hauled to the back of the place and told that my language and bigotry would not be tolerated in their establishment. I have been thrown outa nicer joints than that. You know what I told the owner????
    NICE! undefined
    MR RCL,
    It was great hanging with you guys from Potatoville. Looking forward to seeing you guys in Burley. As far as the practical jokes go, GAME ON!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast