Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: MSD Coil ?

Taylorman
    My coil is mounted under the transom on the back of my boat to the vibration rubber thingy's. The box is grounded directly to the battery, in fact all my grounds go directly to the battery. The coil never gets wet. Im gonna switch to the Blaster 2 coil and give it a try. I use MSD wires. Hey impatient they do make blue MSD wires. I dont think you need shielded wires on a boat do you. Isn't that just to stop the noise in your radio? Also, impatient you don't need a ballast resistor with the MSD coil if you have MSD box and distributor.

IMPATIENT 1
    My coil is mounted under the transom on the back of my boat to the vibration rubber thingy's. The box is grounded directly to the battery, in fact all my grounds go directly to the battery. The coil never gets wet. Im gonna switch to the Blaster 2 coil and give it a try. I use MSD wires. Hey impatient they do make blue MSD wires. I dont think you need shielded wires on a boat do you. Isn't that just to stop the noise in your radio?
    i like the accels,i just havin to gooda(southern slang)luck with em.and who can hear rfi static over open headers anyway!der perty too!

Make sure you have the standard MSD Blaster coils mounted close to vertical. They are oil bath and you'll smoke em every time if you mount sideways.
    You can use the MSD 8222 Hi Vibration coil in any position though because it is not oil bath but potted. For the few bucks extra it costs I recommend it always.

I bought the blaster 2 coil for my setup (pro-billet + 6al) and it didnt come with any resistors, Was it suppose to? Do i need them for the blaster 2 coil?

Taylorman
    I bought the blaster 2 coil for my setup (pro-billet + 6al) and it didnt come with any resistors, Was it suppose to? Do i need them for the blaster 2 coil?NO

Make sure you have the standard MSD Blaster coils mounted close to vertical. They are oil bath and you'll smoke em every time if you mount sideways.
    You can use the MSD 8222 Hi Vibration coil in any position though because it is not oil bath but potted. For the few bucks extra it costs I recommend it always.
    I've had no problems, with my same blaster 2 coil, and its mounted horizontal, been that way for twelve years, and three different motors, and two different boats. The MSD box is a 6M2 and the distributor is a MSD marine pro billet.
    Sleek

olbiezer
    blaster 2 here also never gave me any trouble

n8dawg
    I'm running a brand new MSD blaster HVC II ( high vibration coil ) with msd 8.5 mm super conductor wires. Went through one Accel coil two years ago and went through another one last year.
    Late,
    Nate

Taylorman
    My local speed shop gave me a Blaster 2 in exchange for my Blaster SS. He said he has had a few people bring back the blaster SS that went out. We'll see.

Bradf
    It looks like a MSD Blaster 2 is the forum standard? Is this the greatest coil of all time or what?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast