Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: MSD Coil ?

Taylorman
    The coil i got has the female socket. However my coil wire boot is the 45* with a female end also. The coil came with and extra piece that slips over the top to convert it to the male type terminal similar to a spark plug. This piece seems kind of cheap. It just has a screw that goes trough it and it slips over the coil. Has anyone used this? Like i said it seems cheap. I don't know if i should cut my coil wire and convert it to connect directly to the coil female top.

n8dawg
    I would cut the wire. :crossx:
    Just a better connection I would think.

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
    I ran a blaster coil in my olds for 3 yrs. Me and 2 of my boys are all running baster 2 coils,msd 6al, and billet dist without any problems...

maxwedge
    I'm currently running the rusty original coil off of a 1964 Rambler Classic in my boat. It happened to be laying on a shelf in the garage and it still makes sparks, unlike the Olds and the Accel coils. It was priced right, so I couldn't pass it up. I would recomend this coil to anyone who doesn't wish to be one of those "Me Too" Blaster Coil people! And yes, there is a ballast resistor in the circuit. I checked it. Not with a volt-meter or anything like that, but I do know that it's still present, it's dirty, and it appears to be very old, like it was possibly manufactured around the time of Jesus. The ballast resistor is connected, via rust deposits, to some crusty greenish black stuff, which I believe to be electrical wires, also from biblical times. Somehow the the engine runs great with this setup

Taylorman
    So i swapped my coil and have fire now. I know for sure. FYI, dont touch the metal part of the screwdriver stuck in the coil wire when you just the wires, shocked the f**k out of me this morning. Still could not get the boat to start. Not sure if its the cold or if i flooded it. Stange. I'll try again tonight. Never had a cranking issue before.
    Kevin

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123