Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Machine Intake for Shoe and Rideplate

How much can I expect to pay to have the intake machined for a shoe and ride plate.Do I have to ship My intake to some one like MPD To have it done ,or can any machine shop do it?...Thank's....Hal

How much can I expect to pay to have the intake machined for a shoe and ride plate.Do I have to ship My intake to some one like MPD To have it done ,or can any machine shop do it?...Thank's....Hal
    Hey Hal...
    give Jack at MPD a call...u might be surprized to learn that ur hull may not need a ride plate!...he can also help u with the intake & shoe
    fastrat

sdba069
    Personally, I've not had a boat that that addition of a shoe / rideplate combo didn't help. I have had a couple where the add on kit didn't help, this meaning the shoe/rideplate kit that just bolts on to the existing no-shoe intake. If you want to go to the trouble of pulling the intake, I think it would be beneficial to modify it for the shoe and rideplate. I would also consider setting the pump back. Never saw a boat that didn't respond well to that, either. I get $400 including parts to modify the intake and fit the shoe and ride plate.

Hey Garry,the Intake is allready out of the boat,I pulled it a few weeks ago.I am also allready in the process of the set back project.
    You say 400.00 for machine work and parts.Is that including the ride plate and shoe plates?...Hal

sdba069
    Yes sir, that includes shoe, saddle, and ride plate along with stainless fasteners.

TIMINATOR
    We can do it too for comparable price, but we are in the Phoenix,AZ area. Also I have a house in Lake Havasu and I will be there the first weekend in Oct . The weekend after this one. You could drop it off there. I could ship it back or you could pick it up later. TIMM

lilrick
    alot of guys have a different approach!! CAREFULLY select one of these spammers.(or not) Notice that the most succesful pump guy is not soliciting work on HB!!! not even his employees, wow!

junkyardhunter
    alot of guys have a different approach!! CAREFULLY select one of these spammers.(or not) Notice that the most succesful pump guy is not soliciting work on HB!!! not even his employees, wow!
    and who might that be

lilrick
    Well, they call him BGJ(big gay jesus) and he usually only does machine work for gay sexual favors!! But, if you search LONGANDHARD.com, you may find him. He is in the tall and hairy section. good luck

sdba069
    Just for the record.... The guy asked for info and I did my best to supply that and an honest opinion on what I think about what he's wanting to do. If he wants me to do the work, that's great, if not, that's just fine also. Hell, we's a million miles away and can probably find someone in his area to do the work, but at least he will have a compare to price. Best pump guy ?????????? That's according to who you are standing next to when you ask the question.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast