Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Nostalgic race boats...

BILLY.B
    I see my buddy Dave Sammons is on line right now and that reminded me of something him & I were talking about over the weekend. As you know Dave & Dick Waltrip and crew restored a nostalgic dragster to a tee a couple of years ago. Winning many awards with it wherever they go. Dave & I were talking about the fact that other then Mary Rife (Proud Mary) nobody has restored the old race boats. How cool would that be to see some of the old drag boats of the day re-done to perfection. Sure it would cost a grip to do it right but I know there is alot of deep pockets out there who raced in the day or maybe they had a favorite boat that they could reproduce before all the hulls are gone. Don Petrotta is willing to do this and hopefully someone will find his old boat or one like it so we can make this happen.

vdriver4ever
    Brother Rattle Can has deep pockets but damn short arms..

boat030
    Ok maybe it's not an old TFH but it is a '72 Hondo in absolutely perfect condition with some good racing history it was Ray Capaldi's race boat from '72 to '74
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...0/869BR1_2.bmp

My personal choice, if I had deep pockets, would be Howard Browns U67 'How 'Bout That'. 137 and change in 1964. Shoot, besides your K boat running 141 BillyB, that would still be about the fastest boat running on the river today, not to mention one of the best riding. I have an old ad from 1965 where Brown was selling that boat complete for $7200, which was a ton o cash in the mid 60s. I know Steve d has a center deck Howard stashed away with a hemi. It's a stunning example of an original boat.

wsuwrhr
    Sounds like you were describing your lifestyle bling bling, step up and build another boat.
    Which is it going to be?
    Wayne already one-upped you with K-50. Isn't Jerry doing one also? Geterdun.
    Brian
    I see my buddy Dave Sammons is on line right now and that reminded me of something him & I were talking about over the weekend. As you know Dave & Dick Waltrip and crew restored a nostalgic dragster to a tee a couple of years ago. Winning many awards with it wherever they go. Dave & I were talking about the fact that other then Mary Rife (Proud Mary) nobody has restored the old race boats. How cool would that be to see some of the old drag boats of the day re-done to perfection. Sure it would cost a grip to do it right but I know there is alot of deep pockets out there who raced in the day or maybe they had a favorite boat that they could reproduce before all the hulls are gone. Don Petrotta is willing to do this and hopefully someone will find his old boat or one like it so we can make this happen.

MikeF
    I wish that I had the income to make the one I have look/be as clean as alot of the boats I see out there. Makes me feel a little bad.
    You know alot of boats have to be out there just waiting to be revived. They are tucked away somewhere.

dossangers
    Theres one flat that needs to be BROUGHT BACK Red metalflake on NITRO ''CRAZY HORSE''

superdave013
    I wish that I had the income to make the one I have look/be as clean as alot of the boats I see out there. Makes me feel a little bad.
    You know alot of boats have to be out there just waiting to be revived. They are tucked away somewhere.
    your boat is almost there. Your deal would take more time then money and we all know you have the time.
    I would like to see someone re-do an early Panic Mouse myself.

V-DRIVE VIDEO
    your boat is almost there. Your deal would take more time then money and we all know you have the time.
    I would like to see someone re-do an early Panic Mouse myself.
    What if someone had a "real 007" in original but great condition? What kind of $$$ could it bring at the Barret Jackson Auction?

haulina29
    Chris Kurtis has one of the Texans and one of Ted Faggarts flats . The ultimate find would be a original Panic Mouse or a shovel nose Climax or MR Ed . Also the Mixed Emotions sled would be cool also .

Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast