Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Nostalgic race boats...

maxwedge
    I have a "very rare" old Sidewinder that the previous owner told me was a race boat.LOL If you guys restore it...we're talking major awards here guys!
    Seriously, it would be really cool to see almost any old race boat back in original condidtion. I will keep my eyes peeled here in the midwest. Occasionaly used to see some old race boats at Decatur and Peoria, but they haven't had a race for a few years. :cry:

Speedin' Ian
    Well we have one of Jim Cole's original TFF that we will probably sell next year if someone wanted to rebuild that boat. I always thought it would be cool to restore it, but I don't have the funds to build a boat that runs on fuel, plus I don't think I have the balls to drive it, although it would be bitchen to hear a TFF on the water... maybe Tony could shoe it!

superdave013
    What if someone had a "real 007" in original but great condition? What kind of $$$ could it bring at the Barret Jackson Auction?
    sad to say at that auction prolly not much. I think you would do better selling it at one of the needles vacations.

Sangster
    We're redoing the "Night Train BFH" back to Original condition except we decided to put a Blown Alky 540ci. in it.....It had a Blown Hemi originally........we also have one of Tim Morgan's 19' Sanger Climax hulls that we will also like to restore and put a Bolwn Gas 526ci. Roedeck in it...If anyone has info on this boat or pics of the original paint they could post or email me it would be greatly appreciated....When we got the boat it was already taken down to the white gel coat.....Thanks

MAXIMUS
    This 1959 biatch just got restored... :crossx:
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...17PARKER_3.jpg

We're redoing the "Night Train BFH" back to Original condition except we decided to put a Blown Alky 540ci. in it.....It had a Blown Hemi originally........we also have one of Tim Morgan's 19' Sanger Climax hulls that we will also like to restore and put a Bolwn Gas 526ci. Roedeck in it...If anyone has info on this boat or pics of the original paint they could post or email me it would be greatly appreciated....When we got the boat it was already taken down to the white gel coat.....Thanks
    Mike,
    Post a pick of Tim's 19 sanger. If its the one I'm thinking of I remember being in Tim's garage seing it brand new. Asking my dad "whats up with the back of that one?". I remember the hull but thought Tim was setting it up for someone else.

Ron "Dago" Campenelli has an original "Down & Out" Deaver shovel nose in the rafters of his shop. -Pretty sure it was a Deaver????
    Bugged him for years to get it down, clean it up & go run it.

BILLY.B
    Ron "Dago" Campenelli has an original "Down & Out" Deaver shovel nose in the rafters of his shop. -Pretty sure it was a Deaver????
    Bugged him for years to get it down, clean it up & go run it. Funny you'd bring this boat up. Dave Sammons and I were talking about this very boat on Sunday. Jerry is doing the Honcho K-32 back to it's day. I'm doing one for Don Christy Jr (Mr.Big Stuff PC-64) back to it's record setting originality. So it's on.... There's lots of Sanger's and Hondo's out there that can be re-done. We have to start somewhere and what a cool way to get together. There's so much talent on these boards along with information I can't see it going anyway but up. Gordy should buy a Sanger circle boat and do it like the Liberty K-69 his dad drove. That would be way bitchen. They may not bring the money of a street rod but it's not about the money. There's nothing like a cool retro flat or hydro. Hands down winner over a car any day!!!!

haulina29
    I do not think plan b is a 59 maybe a 69 ? Also I think Down and Out is a Howard H29

Kindsvater Flat
    This boat caught a few eyes when I posted it.....DMV check and it came back to a Dimarco. Thats Kurtis500 in the red shirt getting it running for them.
    http://www.schoutenranch.com/redbluff/images/relic5.jpg
    Check out that taperlock setup holding the top blower pulley on.
    http://www.schoutenranch.com/redbluff/images/relic3.jpg

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast