Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Vacation and Kids?

Wet Dream
    We're doing a little preliminary planning of a family vacation. Our 2 boys will be 7 and 10 at the time of this vacation. I was thinking something tropical and/or warm. On the cheap route, it would be Walt Disney World, Epcot, all that stuff in Florida. Somewhere in the middle would be probably the Caribbean. Has anyone taken their kids on a Sandals or Beaches Resort vacation?
    On the high side I would think about Australia.
    Mexico and Ireland are out for now, those will be trips for the wife and I (alone).
    Paris, not one of my "have to go to" destinations.
    Does anyone have any horror stories or strong recommendations?

pixilatedpussy
    We're doing a little preliminary planning of a family vacation. Our 2 boys will be 7 and 10 at the time of this vacation. I was thinking something tropical and/or warm. On the cheap route, it would be Walt Disney World, Epcot, all that stuff in Florida. Somewhere in the middle would be probably the Caribbean. Has anyone taken their kids on a Sandals or Beaches Resort vacation?
    Mexico and Ireland are out for now, those will be trips for the wife and I (alone).
    We take our kids everywhere with us. I have family all over Florida, so weve been there a couple times. Of course the kids love it! Even South Beach!!! We have taken our kids to Jamaica & stayed in a Sandals Resort which was sooooooo much fun! They still talk about that! We also took them to Cabo....major fun! Hawaii is always nice....they really loved swimming with the dolphins & turtles on the big Island. My mom is a travel agent so she gets me all kinds of info. Our next trip with them was supposed to be this year...Costa Rica. ( Husband is a major surfer...can you tell? ) But the funds are low with just buying a house at the river...so we might just go back to Florida again!
    If you need any info..forward me your email & I will get some stuff to ya!

riverracerx
    Try the Disneyworld/Disney Cruise Combo. I hear nothing but great things!

Havasu Hangin'
    I just duct tape them up and put them in the closet.
    A dish of water on the floor...and they're usually good for a week (or so).

H20 Toie
    If you go to Jamaica stay in a resort and don't leave. the resorts are safe but thats it.

RiverOtter
    Disney World is anything and everything BUT cheap. Tons of fun that your kids will remember forever! If you go in the summer it's hotter than you can imagine because of the humidity (90's + 90% humidity). We usually go during Thanksgiving. It's crowded but the weather is perfect. Go to a website called www.mousesavers.com to get advise and discounts. You and the kids will have a blast.

Waist Deep
    We just booked ours again for Beaches Negril, good for all ages. Eight days over Thanksgiving with a beachfront suite for $5,700, inc air and all inclusive. Thats a good price considering what you get.

Wet Dream
    H20, thats what I hear. I don't see a problem with that. If it were just the wife and I, I might get the balls to venture out. But I won't do that with the kids.
    21Daytona, I was looking into Negril last night. I'll do some more searches tonight.
    The only thing I'm not too thrilled with Disney, is there are always crowds there. I don't want to stand in line for hours when its 90*/90%.

RiverOtter
    H20, thats what I hear. I don't see a problem with that. If it were just the wife and I, I might get the balls to venture out. But I won't do that with the kids.
    21Daytona, I was looking into Negril last night. I'll do some more searches tonight.
    The only thing I'm not too thrilled with Disney, is there are always crowds there. I don't want to stand in line for hours when its 90*/90%.
    If you can go in March, April, or May the crowds and weather are fine.

Rock-A-Bye-Baby
    We just booked ours again for Beaches Negril, good for all ages. Eight days over Thanksgiving with a beachfront suite for $5,700, inc air and all inclusive. Thats a good price considering what you get.
    We did this trip for our honeymoon. Its a great deal.. The ride from the airport is a trip in itself!!!!
    Enjoy!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast