Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What size jets are you running?

502procharger
    my boat was doing the same thing and it ended up not being fuel related at all. plugs and wires were breaking down up top, or my cap and rotor were carbon tracking at high rpm. i messed around with the carb and fuel system for 3 weeks before i replaced(again) plugs, wires,cap rotor. fixed it. not that that is your problem, but i am making a point that your problem may not be fuel related even though you feel it is. just a thought

DUCKY
    I changed the cap and rotor, on a hunch. They were not new, but were in better shape than the ones I took off. The wires are nearly new MSD super conductors. I run Autolite 26's right now (Cheap) New this morning. I may go back to my old dual point just for a test.

502procharger
    i changed eberything also, ran it about an hr and put it away. next time i went to run it it started to have those problems. i finnaly changed it all again and it was fixed. not sure what part or parts did it, but it worked. i even tried a new coil, thunderbolt brain box, ect before i finaly re-replaced the cap,rotor,plugs,wires. good luck

Infomaniac
    Sounds like it is running out of gas to me.
    I would check the fuel system starting from the size of the tank outlets.
    If you raise the float level 2 flats and it runs better chances are you have fuel delivery problems.
    You can do this only a few times before it will dribble over all the time.

DUCKY
    I also thought about wiring up my fuel solenoid for the nitrous separately to dump a little raw fuel down it. Same idea. I will keep yall posted. Can't hit the water again until Wednesday. Gotta work cry

stressedout
    Autolite 26's are too hot, go with 24's.
    Double check that timing keeping total advance under 36.

Blown 472
    That would have been my guess on too hot a plug, also look at the ground strap to see where the discoloring is, I jet to keep the discolor in the center of the bend.
    I had the same problem with my single four ford, jetted and jetted and still no color until I stepped down a heat range.
    [ December 30, 2002, 06:57 AM: Message edited by: Blown 472 ]

DUCKY
    See the "plugs still white" post for an update.

DansBlown73Nordic
    I may be wrong but its worth checking. On my motor I had some similiar problems. A good friend of mine kept saying are the intake bolts tight. Id say YES...Well after calling him a few times he says I will be OVER in ten minutes.
    Well he shows up. Takes a 9/16 wrench and every bolt was loose.... eek!
    We did do a few other things that day. The motor has run better ever since.

Blown 472
    Good point.,

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast